Magazine Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Writing jobs
On the down: Shitty magazine jobs

I absolutely have to learn my lesson - though you'd think I would have learnt it by now...

STOP TAKING UP SHITTY MAGAZINE WRITING JOBS

My latest foray into stupidity was to take up a job about wedding gowns. The designers that I've interviewed are just great but the job itself SUCKS.... and all for only about RM400 (if i'm lucky).

I'd rather be poor.

Please take note next time you read a magazine, that all those interesting looking fashion spreads or whatever didn't just appear out of nowhere. It involves hours and hours of
phone calls
coordination with interviewees
coordination with photographers
coordination with editors
fixing dates
fixing times
re-fixing dates
re-fixing times
loans
returning loans
photo shoots

and maybe, if you're lucky, some vague appearance of writing. Just for 8 pages of something which maybe, looks kind of pretty, but only if you look at it at certain angles, with the light off (because as you know M'sian magazine design is about as sophisticated as a 6-year old's attempt at colouring)

And, considering I take on the job to do WRITING, the rest of the thing pretty much makes me want to cut out my own eyeballs and eat them. It would be far less painful than dealing with this sort of rubbish that really doesn't contribute anything remotely significant in the world.

Really, it would NOT be the end of the world if a bride chose THIS gown, instead of THAT gown.

Man, I'm feeling way too grumpy today.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom