Dolly vows...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Taking vows
On the down: Sticking to 'em

In dedication to Rinpoche's long life, especially as he was so ill last year, a few of us took vegetarian vows for a month. (Dedicating or prayer for long life isn't just about long life, but about having the Lama with you for a longer time so he can continue to teach the Dharma and benefit beings)

I also decided to take a vow of no shopping for clothes/shoes/bags/accessories as part of learning the non-attachment thing and dedicated that towards my Lama too. And man, that was harder than the no-meat vow.

Anyway, the vows ended on Wednesday and I have been going mad ever since... which has made me wonder how effective that non-attachment thing was in the first place.

I finally went to pay homage at the doors of Pavillion and knowing that they have BeneFit in Parksons, I headed STRAIGHT there and tried on everything (absolutely the best brand in the whole wide world, ever).

Then I went to buy foundation at Laura Mercier. I went up to the counter and said to them, "I'm very very lazy and I don't like to spend time on ANYTHING. What kind of foundation would you recommend?"

Then they made me sit down and prepped me for like a whole fricking fashion and beauty gala or something.

Like hello, I just want to try some foundation. Can you just put some on my cheek and see how?

But first, she cleaned my eyes four times (because I was wearing some mascara)

Then she stared long and hard at my eyebrows and said, "Your eyebrows.......................!"

I was like "yah yah I know I know, I haven't done them in ages."

Like gee, did I even ASK YOU. Just do your job, yo.

THEN she cleaned my lips twice
THEN she cleaned my face four times
THEN she put on a toning water
THEN she added eye cream
THEN she added a moisturiser
THEN she put a makeup base

AND THEN, after 6 products, she FINALLY put on the foundation.

I kept saying, "Why is it taking so long?! I just want to try the foundation!!"

And she was making up all this crap about how I must protect my face blah blah. If your products are so good and pure and all that, then what do I need protection from?! Just slap it on, gee!

In the meantime, while she was doing an entire facial for me, I was looking at her makeup and thinking how totally salah her mascara was. I was going to buy mascara from BeneFit, but after seeing this lady, I changed my mind. I didn't want to risk looking like that.

After all that though, the foundation rocks so it was worth it. No surprises though, Laura Mercier is supposed to be the queen of foundation.

So I got the makeup stuff out of the way yesterday.... and then today I did a major splurge at Intoxi-Kate. They put up this totally fabulous dress two days after I took the vow so I've been waiting and waiting and waiting until after so I could rush in and buy it.

But you know lah, you can't just buy ONE thing. I saw all this other cute stuff so it had to come home with me too.

So now I feel totally guilty and am wondering if maybe I should take that vow again for another month.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom