Dolly hair


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Short hair
On the down: Not finding a stylist who can cut short hair

I am STILL grieving KL's loss of Mike Lau, the only stylist I have ever come across who has been able to cut short hair so well.

Since he left, I've had to make do with whatever dregs are left in Malaysia.

I've been to so many stylists over the past 10 years who have always managed to botch up when they cut my hair short. Always, I walked out of the salon looking like a rambutan.

But anyway, what can you do right? Recommendations don't work, and neither do walk ins, so I just have to take my changes.

I decided to gamble with a walk-in, into a salon in Sri Hartamas (only because my hair was starting to resemble a hedge and I had to do something about it liao). I asked them for some hair magazines so I could find something to show to the stylist. The minute they bought me the magazines I realised I'd just stepped into Ah Lian heaven.

EVERYTHING WAS SO LALA SUNGEI WANG.

But they had already put the towel and things around me and I was sitting there wondering what the hell to do. Do I stay and get turned into a butch Ah Lian of the wannabe-Japanese type, or do I suddenly develop really thick skin and walk out.

I decided to suck it up and stay. Short hair is short hair, and whatever happens, it will grow out. You never know til you try, right?

This time it turned out half okay. At certain angles it doesn't look entirely like a fruit.

But it's still not MIKE and now I have to wait another two months before it grows out long enough to do something with it.

And so begins the evasive hair stylist search all over again. Perhaps I should just go bald and be done with it.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom