Dolly is a domestic goddess


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being busy
On the down: Not having enough time to even poop

I can't remember the last time I blogged. It doesn't feel like that long ago but I think it probably is. All the days just seem like one big long day now.

Last week, I got a message from Rinpoche about making a home video and getting it out within a week.

I was like WHAT. I don't even know how to turn on a bloody camcorder.

But well, they say that with the Guru, all things become possible and they push you to the next level. So one week later, I've filmed, scripted, narrated and edited a whole 23 minutes of video. Rinpoche's well into this rough cut, home video thing... but I think he might change his mind after he sees mine because it reallytrulymadlydeeply is ROUGH cut.

What to do, I got a PremierPro tutorial from Cris in 10 minutes and did the whole video based on what I learn from that.

I have to say man, I sure as hell am not gonna take video editors for granted anymore. Everytime their names come up on the credits in movies, I'm gonna stand up and CHEER DAMN LOUD.

I am also trying to train Ben's dogs... who are both really cute but UNBELIEVABLY HYPERACTIVE. It's quite scary how two tiny beings like that could possibly have so much energy.

So I've had to emanate eyes - to edit my video and watch out for two dogs all at the same time. No small feat I can tell you especially when one of them is teeny tiny and can get under the wheels of your wheely desk chair. I swear I think one day I might run my chair over it's neck and squish it to death.

I have ALSO been busy perfecting the art of being a domestic goddess. We got a washing machine and dryer and Ben became my new hero of the day when he fixed it up for me today - like, sooooo 1950s retro. I screamed when he told me that my towels were washed. It was just so immensely exciting to have the option to wash clothes again.

This morning, I woke up early to go to the market to buy breakfast and flowers. Then I came home and arranged all the vases in the house, laid out all the breakfast and curtseyed to my own inner domestic goddess.

Next up: I'd really really love a vacuum cleaner, honey!

I am ALSO now in charge of managing Kechara House's guest house (for foreign guests visiting the centre). Like, okay, what the hell do I know about managing ANYTHING beyond my wardrobe and body lotion collection. Not much, I can assure you. But JP seems to have an immense amount of faith in me and has handed it all over to me on a pink platter "Here you go, darling! Deal!"

So Dolly has to straighted up, buck up and get organised. I am freaking out of course, as is usually the case when I have to do anything Big and Important and which requires more talent than just writing an article.

JP keeps saying, "No don't worry, don't worry, it's very simple waaaan" (of course he's going to say that, he managed a CHAIN of hotels before).

The challenge now is setting in a system so we don't lock anyone out, overbook rooms so people end up sleeping in the pantry, or let someone into a room with a bedsheets that's been eaten through by moths.

So it's all scary cos you know how backwards my head is, but I can be organised if I want to be so damnit I'll make it work! (positive thinking if the way forward)

Okay, so the reason for all this busy-ness.

I got my butt kicked by JP and Joe in the same day. And because it's Joe, you actually THANK him for kicking yout butt. They were both being super diplomatic and genteel and subtle about it but the bottom line is
-I lack self discipline (true, I go off shopping in the middle of the day if I'm not in the mood to work)
- I lack time management (also true, because I always leave everything to the last minute, mainly because I spend the rest of the time shopping in the middle of the day)
- I lack consistency (because sometimes it's not just one day that I take off for shopping but a whole two weeks I take off for Grey's Anatomy marathons, shopping and sitting on the beach).

So see, you can't even be mad at them because they say all this stuff and you're like "Oh. Yah. True hor....*blink blink*"

That means that Dolly is now trying to up her productivity and KEEP IT THAT WAY. Let's see how it lasts!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom