Party Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Going out!
On the down: Not enough hours in the night

For the first time in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, I went out and had a Most Fabulous Time. Apparently, I know a damn lot of people and there's someone I know at every corner I turn.
I felt so
Popular!
Loved!
Adored!
Girl about town!

I was feeling especially dollyglam, having made the effort to actually wear something other than my shreddy old jeans and cheapy MNG tank tops. The result was very Audrey-Hebpurn-In-The-21st-Century.

Someone random even told me they like my outfit.

Then another random person said they liked my hair and that "not many girls can carry off short hair" so I felt very special and did a mental third finger to all those girls with the long boring rebonded hair.

Then Su Ming's friend told me I had a nice ass. (Well, thank goodness for soft lighting anyway, because the power-saving florescenty rubbish in the bathroom showed enough cellulite to power a small country).

Okay, enough self-flattery. I'm starting to make myself sick.

Anyway, so I had thought to only meet up with Su Ming but she's been on a mission to take over the world lately and, I think, finally realised she needed some sleep so she went home early. But before she went, a quick see-how-gorgeous-we-are picture:

Su Ming is officially the sweetest person in the world
(even when she's cussing and downing beers like a truck driver)

When I had first got there and was wondering around in that awkward phase between Entering Bar and Finding Friends, this dude with a big camera came up to me and said, "Hey, you're Paris right!?"

I was like, "Errrrrrr....." I'd never seen him in my bloody life but he explained who he was and I was all "Ohhhh" and "Ahhhh" and felt a bit smug about myself that people I didn't know, knew me *famous! blush blush*

Then Sharon and GL came, GL in this "I am a gorgeous, slutty secretary" work outfit (and I don't meant that as an insult). Seeeeee how prim-but-not-really GL looks:

Okay, so it's the lace-ups that make her look so kinky.

But they wanted to leave real early too because Sharon had to wake up at 6am to send her kiddo to school. 6AM!!! ON A SATURDAY MORNING! Then she had to go volunteer at a cake stall for 12 hours. Here she is looking thrilled about the prospect of Very Little Sleep:

GL has this look like she wants to go hunt down men with a spear.

A Whole Bunch of Fabulous Boys were there too (okay, RM100 for anyone who can guess where I was), and everyone of them knows about 100 people within a 10metre square foot radius so that meant I got to meet all of them, shake lots of hands, smile brightly and make lots and lots of friends.... which is also handy, of course, since we're all somehow writerly and can pretend we're a very intelligent group of people in a special little writerly gathering (well, c'mon, you can't be a writer and not be pretentious about yourself!)

Gary looks like he's 18 and I ALWAYS think he's still in college. Then he reminds me he's older than me, damnit, where's the respect.

He gets totally red and cute and sleepy after one drink so it makes me look like a Strong Tough Woman being able to drink one and a half mojitos.

Then JJ came! Yay! And draped himself over Kin.

Really can't figure out who looks happier here...? (And at certain angles, this pose looks very err... spoonish?!)

Then, *I* wanted to Kodak with Kin too just because he is officially the Cutest Person Alive and was wearing a Totally Cutests Outfit Alive combo that made him look very 2007-PeterPan.

My fat face aside, all I could notice was, my, my, what a big mouth you have, Kin...
"All the better to......?"
"Hush now. Is that decent public behaviour!!?"

Oh yah, and I had only brought RM50 with me, which is dumb because cover charge alone was RM30. I was actually more mad about how dumb I was to forget to bring more $$, than the fact that I couldn't drink more. So I did my self-deprecating thing and told everyone how stoopid I was.

Actually, I just wanted sympathy and for someone to tell me I wasn't really stupid, and that they did that all the time too, but instead, everyone wanted to buy me drinks which was a bonus! At first, I was all, "No, no, no, no, don't you get it? The no-drinking thing is good for a heather feather cheapdrunk lightweight like me," but they all looked appalled that I had been drinking the SAME grapefruit and vodka for about 2 hours.

Then William (Kee) bought me a mojito and insisted I drink it. So what to do? I drink lah!

Gary stood next to me trying not to topple over, as I tried to make my mojito last another 2 hours and I spotted this guy in a white shirt who I was sure I knew. I knew his ex-boyfriend too and could even remember the exact place, time and party I had met him last.

But I have a memory like a sieve and couldn't be sure if it was really him, and the only thing about his name I could remember was that it started with S and sounded Japanesey. He kept looking over but he didn't smile even when I did. And there were only so many times I was going to try to smile at him, okay. Just in case it wasn't him, I was going to look like a dumb ass smiling smiling smiling away at some random guy.

Gary was all, "But he's so hot lar. He's so hot. He's so hot lar," and tried to get me to go find out if it was him. By the time, I decided to go say hello, White Shirt had disappeared, so I decided to go look for him.

And on the way, I found Nabila, who is apparently living in Indonesia now?!?!

We were so trying to be Paris Hilton but I think the vodka had impaired our judgement by then.

I finally found White Shirt and he was who I thought I was. Then after I found out what his name was (sooooo shaming, having to ask someone what their name is again), I realised I had uh... nothing to talk to him about.

Luckily, while talking to Shirt, Alex-from-The-Attic happened to realise that I was, in fact, standing next to him so he said hello and I had enough distraction to tide me over for a while. And then, JJ spotted someone else, so we made our excuses and left.

Many salacious secrets and guts spilled later, it was Time For Supper. Really now, supper is SO not good for weight loss ambitions and digestion blah blahs... especially not the fried oily noodle kind. Oh, but it tasted sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. And JJ got to sit next Kin which made him real happy.

And then, before you know it, the night hours are up and it's time to go home. Boo!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom