Dolly at the attic


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: A social life, wheeee!
On the down: Getting too drunk, too quickly


After yet another very long 3 hours of meetings, Su Ming and I trolley dollyed our way to The Attic for martinis, and for Su Ming to meet the whole world (she really does know everybody).

Shaming, that after having been opened for so long, I've only
just
been
there.

But wonderfully surprised in a way only excitable Dollies can be.

The bartender had very, very short hair which I would so have if my head wasn't so damn round. She asked me what I wanted so I said, "Something happy" so she made me a green martini to match my green tshirt. It was definitely a very happy drink. Halfway through and it already made my head spin. For a change, I was with Chinese people instead of those tough-ass drinking Indian girls that put me to shame.

And since alcohol makes me so hungry, I was soon pulling miserable faces for food. So Su Ming made me comfy with hot chocolate, an evil chocolate cake and, eventually, even a bowl of tortilla chip things.

Note that earlier in the day I had been a Most Healthy Rabbit, eating only brown rice, tofu, steamed corn and pak choy for dinner. I yum yum yum scoffed everything down and felt oh-so-svelte and pure. Half an hour later I was starving and digging through the Dharma centre's fridge for digestive biscuits....

And well, all the goodies at The Attic sure wrecked the Organic Baby thing, didn't it?

Anyway, back to my story of my little foray back into a social life. I realised how shut up in a shoebox I've been when I traipsed up the stairs and saw a whole bevy of young, gorgeous, fabulous people and felt rubbish about myself for not having mussed some wax into my hair or even bothered with lipgloss to cover up the rather ewwwww chapped lippies.

We shan't comment on the men as they were all, inevitably, gay. Biasa lah. Su Ming said she always seemed to end up hanging about gay men too. Between me knowing half KL's gay population, and Su Ming knowing the other half, we are most absolutely KL's biggest, brightest faghags. And don't you forget it.

I met a million people (since Su Ming is officially the whole city's friend) and even found people to talk to about cupcakes which made everyone happy (how not to be happy thinking of icing and butter?). Gee, I'd almost forgotten how nice it is to meet people other than me, myself, I and my reflection. I've been so out of it I think I may even have forgotten how to hold a proper conversation *worried*

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired and my bed is looking very white, gorgeous and cosy.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom