Dolly feels rather special


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being admired
On the down: Not doing anything about it

I met up with a friend, X, who I haven't seen in SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY LONG. I was worried I wouldn't be able to recognise her so I made sure I got to the restaurant first so I could sit there and look at everyone who came through the door.

I haven't hung out with her and that group of friends for so long that apparently one of them has gone off and decided to get pregnant and is already 10 months through! Time flies when you are so not having a life.

Anyway, I used to go to Finnegans a lot with X (not the SPG one in Bangsar lah, but the nice chilled out, loud, local one in Sri Hartamas). Ageeeeeeeeees ago I met some guy there who started talking to me about music and I found out that he had heard actually of Ben and Jason which made me scream very loudly in an already very loud pub because I was so excited. Like, NOBODY in the whole wide world knows about them except me, Tom from university and now this guy.

So yay, he told X later that he was interested in me and I was all heehaw! and felt very smug and adored.

Then forgot all about him, as you do.

And then ageeeeeeeeeeees later, X tells me he still asks about me everytime he sees X at Finnegans. "Where's your friend? Where's your friend? Where's your friend?" and X is all "I don't know! Leave me alone" because she really didn't know where the hell I had dropped off to. I was like, "Aiyo now you tell me." But anyway.

That did make me feel quite special today, and not entirely like I have lost touch with the rest of the world.

But then, that only lasted for about 10 seconds because then I thought, "Well if he was that interested, he could have asked X for my phone number, couldn't he?"

D'oh. Boys are so stoopid.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom