Dolly's sleeping life


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Dreams
On the down: Real life

I seem to blog an awful lot about my weird dreams, but if you lived inside my head you'd probably also think that my sleeping world was a lot more interesting than this wake-up one.

Last night I dreamt that my fanatical Christian aunt told was trying to stop her husband from talking to me because she wanted to get him away from "these idol worshippers" (since I'm Buddhist lah), so I started to explain to her very nicely what the Buddha statues actually meant, and why we have them. I was so articulate and NICE about the way I was talking, I even started to scare myself.

There is no way that would happen in real life. I'd probably be screaming at her, calling her ugly names and causing a riotous scene.

Then I dreamt that I was somebody famous and the whole world adored me, and lots of boys were IN LOVE with me, including a boy from high school, Shaun, who was a total piece of shit (though I did fancy him madly in Grade 8) and Ben from the Dharma centre, who I only just met about a month ago.

All very weird of course, since Shaun was a piece of shit, and Ben I know next to nothing about. Why is it that people furthers from your consciousness turn up in dreams? I think maybe it has something to do with the fact that the further away they are from real life, the closer they are to the sleeping life? It explains why I always dream of people I never really bother about.

And as with all dreams, I wake up and I remember all the lovely-jubly feelings and I get all amourous when I think of Ben. Incidentally, he's got this photo of himself on MSN today that's so HOT it's ridiculous, and it makes me want for him to fall in love with me, even if I don't really fancy him at all actually.

See, sleeping world really is a hell of a lot more interesting than the wide-awake one. It does funny (though nice) things to my head and makes me feel oddly happy about all sorts of unlikely things throughout the day. In fact, it's probably the alter-living of sleeping life that makes real life bearable at all!

Really now, I wonder, what happens to those people who don't remember their dreams at all? Living wide-awake must be painfully ordinary.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom