Martinis don't mix with mantras


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being busy
On the down: Trying to be too busy

I've done this pretty crazy thing of pledging to recite 50k mantras which is near impossible for the so-not-praying kind of person I am. But well, it's something good - the added bonus of meditation attempts that come along with it can't be half bad.

Then again, the mantra ain't just, you know, om ah hum. It's five lines long which feels SO much longer and I have the attention span of a fish, so it's hard.

Anyway, there are these recitation sessions on Saturday night that go on until crazy hours in the morning. I ain't that hard core but I like to pretend that I'm very ISG by going a few hours.

Last night, I thought it would be very clever to split my evening between FUNFUNFUN in town and reciting mantras. How SO NOT clever.

Oh but wait, backtrack even more. I decided to be healthy and ate only a bit of sushi for dinner before going out.

A was all, "You're going to need more than that if you're going drinking." (So nice, got bf who sends me off drinking and then some more prepares my stomach lining beforehand).

I was like, yah whatever. Full enough liao. Which was real dumb because the first martini shot straight to the head and made me feel sick.

Then I had another martini and felt even more sick, especially since it was a vanilla flavoured one. bleaarrggghhh

The nice alcohol toxin thingies went straight down the the leggy legs (which have been giving trouble forever) and made them twang all over the place. Didn't help that I decided to wear high heels, knowing full well how much they strain the legs. Silly.

Eventually, after I'd had enough, I packed myself off to mantras and sat there feeling sick the whole time: the leggy legs were hurting, I was feeling that funny chill from when alcohol fucks with the system, and I was damn hungry.

How lah, to meditation when you're cold and hungry? I am so not going to be a nun in this life.

So I ran off to eat a burger at the mamak. So shameless.

So.
Damn.
Silly.

The girly night was so so much fun though. Haven't been daft like that in ages. Some random guy came up and said, "Oh you're a familiar face! Hello!" and turns out he works there or something.

Then I figure out I'd also seen him in at the gym and another restaurant within the space of less than 2 years, so either he's getting sacked an awful lot or he's multi-jobbing around the whole city. Strange, why is it he turns up everywhere I end up going to? Creepy.

Anyway, got cute photos of the girly girls - they'll go up another day when I can be arsed.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom