Corporate Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being gila
On the down: Being straight-laced

My father barged into my room yesterday morning and I could hear him talking on the phone, "Wait wait. You talk to my daughter - she can help you!"

And then thrust his mobile phone at me. "My friend needs some help with some writing. You talk to him see if you can help."

So turns out I have to go to some press briefing for some corporate thing. Aiyo so bloody boring. I try to squirm out of it by saying, "But but but I'm a freelance writer, so I can't really make decisions about what articles go in or not."

He said, "Never mind! You just come anyway."

I had to say yes because the father is standing right next to me.

When I hung up he said, "Ah good lah, good! Help my friend lah."

So today I had to trek all the way to Subang Sheraton for a press briefing about project managers.

Me? Sitting in a little cold drafty room listening to the advantages of getting professional certification as a project manager.

Anyway, I put in some effort and even asked questions to look intelligent. But it got tiresome really quickly. At one points there was a guy talking about how many hits they had on their website.

So.
The.
Boring.

Damn me if I know anything about project management. I can't even manage my own one-man projects properly. I find it really hard to hide my boredom so was yawning all over the place and staring at the ceiling.
And you know lah these corporate types. All look like they were cut out from a block of stone. No expression, all look very bored even when they're excited about something (like project managers), all wear grey.
See, that's why the world needs fashion writers and gila people to balance it out. Otherwise we'd all be scaling the walls.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom