Miin


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Old friends
On the down: Realising how old you're getting

Met up with an old friend Miin today (not to be confused with Ming), who I haven't seen in about 6 years or something ridiculous like that. She's back in KL from Australia for a year though, so about tim to catch up.

Just to confuse things more, she wasn't actually Miin when I knew her, because she was going by her English name then. I was like "But but but, I've known you as Kim for 15 years of my life, so how?"

She said, "Well, you can call me Kim then. I'll just cringe everything I hear it," which made me feel really bad.

So now I call her Miin. It's like making a new friend but a ready-made one since I've known her for years.

She's also a vegan now which is totally amazing - I couldn't imagine a life without chocolate, cheese, cream cake, char siew, creamy pastas, fondue, big fat happy burgers etc etc

We went to KLCC which I haven't been to in ages and I finally decided today that I just don't like it there. Too many tourists, too many people, and the floors are too damn slippery so unless you're wearing tough hardy rock climbing shoes, it's hazardous and exhausting on the leg muscles, from trying not to slip.

But Miin did bring me to lots of cool places which had bright retro-looking purses and great clothes. Made me almost feel proud to be in Malaysia - where shops are almost as cool as they are in Milan (which I wasn't impressed with at all when I went)...

Then I followed her over to the bank to sort out a bank account, and lost a huge chunk of faith in Malaysia. You wouldn't believe what a total arse it is to open an account in this country. Miin got stuck talking to the dumbest counter person who kept telling her things that totally contradicted everything that the online application form had told her. And then they asked her a whole heap of questions that she had already answered on the online form. And then said, they'll call her back.

She was getting reaaaaaaaaaaaallly irritated. Funny how she started out talking normally and by the end of the conversation, she had slowed her speech down as if she was talking to a demented child.

"So...you...
will...
caaaaall...
me...
toooooo...
let...
me..
knooooooow........?"

When we walked out of the bank, I chirped "Welcome back to Malaysia!" which didn't make things any better. She just sighed real loud.

Then we went shopping again. We went round all the shops and I kept pointing out things and saying "I can't wear that, I'm too flat-chested" and Miin would reply "Yah, neither can I, cos I'm too big." She's damn lucky though cos she's got boobies, and, as we all know, I ain't got much. I was all, "Well maybe you could pass some over, and then it would all balance out?"

She was gave me a dry "Haha."

Anyway, was great to see her again. Funny how some people stay just the same wacky people after many many many years, and you can pick up right where you left off.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom