Fashion Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Fashion shows
On the down: Malaysian celebs

From corporate boring yawn-yawns, to pretentious fashion ladidas. What a week.

Got sent to my first fashion show launchy thing yesterday. Somehow I've managed to avoid having to go until now but there wasn't anyone else to go this time so I had to.

It was some sort of fancy do at Maison, which I'd never been to before because I'm antisocial and boring like that. It's pretty but too damn claustrophobic and everything looks so squishy. Even going in the entrance feels like you're being squeezed out of someone's cervix.

Well well, despite being a superficial airhead, I actually can't bear these sorts of air-kissing hee-haw doo-dahs. Everybody looks the same, they're all throwing these fakey loud kisses and you have to pretend that you actually are happy to see the PR - and because I'm such an honest sort of girl *blink*, it's hard to pretend like I care.

I'd been sent especially to celeb-spot to get pix for our magazine.... bit of a problem since I wouldn't know a local celeb if one came up and poked me in the eye. Anyway, that's what PRs are for - to send you the photos you need afterwards.

Anyway it felt like it should have been a glam glam sort of affair and I was thinking of how many other people in their boring little office jobs would like my job but somehow it
just
didn't
work.

It all just feels like we're trying way too hard to be New York and London, when really we're just ending up with a really watered-down version.

Damnit, even the models are all white and blonde some more. Can't even be original enough to find Asian models. Choy. Ironic coz apparently the selling point of these products were that they're tailored specially for Asian women. So d'oh - why would we want to see them on 6foot3 Slovakian women?

Then came the embarrassingly cringe-worthy moment of bringing the handful of local celebs up on stage.

Felt damn sad for them lah. The only people cheering for them were err.... themselves. I looked around and everyone else had this fed-up hurry-the-fuck-up-so-I-can-go-home look on their face. Including me of course.

So they all go up and had their little 2 minutes of the limelight, where they said things to try to be funny and charismatic and poor things, just weren't. Why is it that everything Serena C says tries to be funny, but nothing she says actually is?!

... which sort of seems to be the case with almost all celebs:

Just
no
character.

(Except maybe flyfm's Jivan and flyguy - so bad to have to say this, but the women are just damn stoopid.)

I couldn't bear it anymore so left halfway and got stuck in the biggest godawful traffic jam, ironically because I was trying to take a shortcut.

See, this is what happens when you don't work office hours and don't work in town - you totally forget that traffic jams exist.

Today, my ed is all "Did you have fun?"

And I'm, "Errr no, actually I couldn't wait to leave."

She's like, "That's weird, I thought you would like those things because you're so fashionable."

Hahahahahaha. I'm always the person in these events whose standing on the side, wearing what nobody else in the room would think of wearing and willing the event to finish.

See, antisocial. Hehe

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom