Jamie O'Neill


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Teh Tarik
On the down: The weird things it makes you do

I thought I would brave the ghastly effects that cheap teh-tarik tea leaves do to you and drink a big glass tonight. I demanded they make it EXTRA HOT, so they did and I slurped up the whole thing in 5 minutes.

So now I'm full of caffeine and bouncing around the house like I just woke up from sleeping for a week and it's almost 6am.

BUT

It also made me temporarily intelligent and hard working because I got heaps of work done and wrote a totally sublime foreword for a book (and it isn't even going to be mine). If Joe doesn't like it, I'm going to hit him with a really big khavantga and then resign.

And then I decided to go look up Jamie O'Neill (which is going to make people think I'm a lesbian even more, I know) and there's this email address there.

YAY! I CAN CONTACT JAMIE O'NEILL!!!!!

So I wrote him an email:

Dear Mr O'Neill,
Just wanted to drop a note to say I totally, absolutely, entirely adored At Swim. Since reading it I've been trying to make (force) everybody I know (to) read it. Thank you for fabulous fiction and wonderful writing. It inspires me towards all my own silly writerly aspirations.
Cheers,
Dolly

(Not in pink, though).

He's going to wonder if it was really worth writing such a sublime book if it means getting such random, stupid sounding emails from people on the other side of the world.

Then again, I've had emails from people about their secret sex lives and cheating on their spouses when I was working ... surely Mr. O'Neill won't mind an adoring little note from me *blink blink*

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom