Dolly on the phone


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Phone calls
On the down: Waking people up with phone calls


I have this really irritating habit that I am completely aware of but which I can’t seem to stop.

I ring up people in the morning, and I’m thinking to myself “Oh dear, I hope I don't wake them up. "

When the other person answers and sometimes, if they sound like they’re still asleep, I squeal very loudly down the phone, “Oh hellooooo! Are you awake?!” Then I mentally slap myself for doing it again.

I know the answer right away. It’ll be something like, “Well, what do you think?!” or “Well if I wasn’t awake, I bloody well am now, aren’t I?” but they’re always too polite to say that, so they mumble something like, “Uhhh, no don’t worry. I’m awake already,” (they’re not really, of course, and are cursing me now for interrupting their nice dream)

I had to ring up Seng Piow yesterday about some stupid little techy question ("Why can't I connect to the Internet connect? Whhhhy?"). I always feel dumb around him as it is and of course, what happens when I ring him? He's still asleep and I woke him up.

I was very clever about it though and stopped myself from being annoying, so I said instead, “Oh no, sorry, I think I just woke you up. I’ll call you back later” (was very proud of myself) but he seemed in a good mood so made me stay on the phone to finish asking what I rang to ask. *glee*

So I did, secretly glad because it afforded the chance to listen to his nice gravelly, just-woke-up voice, which was surprisingly schmexy, and, for a change, not really that scary at all. Gave me the temporarily wicked idea of ringing up all sorts of boys in the morning just to hear what they sound like when they’ve just woken up.

Cheap thrill.

And I was just sooo proud of myself for not saying that irritating “Are you awake!!!!” thing.

Even cheaper thrill. Look at that, I’m even using myself for thrills now.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom