Late nights with a Rinpoche


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Guru devotion
On the down: Not being as devoted as you could be...

We spent 10 hours last night with Rinpoche, in a fantastic teaching all about Guru devotion and what it really means to change for the better. Okay, so I’m a loooong way off from getting anywhere near what Rinpoche is or what he talks about, but at least I now have direction, okay? Not completely a lost cause.

After the main teachings ended at 2am (!), a few of us stayed back to talk to him about new writing projects… amongst other things *cough*

Kelvin, the newest writer to join KMP was sitting behind me, and Rinpoche asked me to scoot over otherwise Kelvin would be checking me out.

I said, “But he’s married!”

Rinpoche said, “So?”

I protested, so The Angel, “He’s married lah, so why would he be checking out my ass?!”

Rinpoche just gave me this look, and I went "Errrr..." to which Rinpoche said, "Yah, that shut you up real fast didn't it?!"

Later, we got back onto the subject about me errr... swapping molecules of spit with Kennie. (The licking episodes were raised many times throughout the evening and JP is now called LickyLicky. Gives a whole new meaning to LL Cool J, dun it? hehe)

Rinpoche asked, "Did your tongues actually touch?"

Shaming! Having your Guru ask you if you were actually gross enough to stick out and touch your tongue with Some Random Guy.

I confessed lah, what to do.

Rinpoche then said, "BUT KENNIE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!" (with verbal caps-lock turn on). "So what was all that about Kelvin being married and not checking out your ass?!"

Okay, that shut me up real fast too, so I just didn't say anything else all night.

Later, we played the Pick Game, which is where we're given two really disgusting horrible scenarios to Pick from, and we HAVE to pick one. Okay, it sounds dumb, but when you have Rinpoche about the pick options are never easy and it's so much fun to watch Pick victims squirm.

He asked Joe, "Pick. Do one person in this room, or [another person who's name we shan't mention]"

Susan was sitting next to Joe grinning really really really wide with her big mouth, like, "Pick me! Pick me!" Funny, especially as she doesn't even like boys and her girlfriend is sitting there.

Joe looked real uncomfortable, and he fidgeted and tried to look away and evade and hide behind Nothing At All. We all
waited
and
waited
and
waited
and
waited
and then
finally

he said realllly quietly after a really big loud resigned sigh, "Okaaaaaaaaaaay. Paris."

So of course everyone jumps up and down and pulls faces and goes "Paris?!?!?!"

I gave him a look, and the bugger goes, "Yalah, I mean, there's no other choice right?" like I was a monster! Was that a compliment to me? Or an insult to everyone else in the room?

Oh dear, I've just realised that this whole entry has ended up being about boys again.... even when talking about Gurus and spiritual practice!

Well hey, I figured we talked about Dharma all night... and afterwards everyone always discusses the important Dharma stuff anyway, so I'll report the other stuff lah! *can justify anything*

I did think of starting a Dharma blog and writing my Very Important Realisations in there instead but then realised that it probably wouldn't end up having very much in it at all... so I killed the idea the very minute it was conceived. You get to read nonsense here instead. Bleah.

Labels: , , ,

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom