3pm Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Blogging!
On the down: Feeling far too self-involved

Alright, I really outdid myself today - I slept until 3pm... but err, in my defense, I was working until late! And then spent the rest of the day being busy and getting more work done!

(So who cares what time I go to sleep or wake, so long as deadlines are met, damnit!)

Okay, so I've done all I needed to do including MORE TRANSCRIBING (if Joe says "Can you do another transcript" I'm going to poke out his eyes) and as a reward, I've turned on Gwen Stefani, am drinking eat and eating pineapple tarts and blogging.

The other day Wendy, (who has the biggest, cleverest and more intricate brain for someone that small) asked why people write blogs. As she is the very intelligent sort of person, asking that question sort of necessitated an intelligent answer. I thought very hard of something intellectual to say but couldn't.

So I just told her that I do it because I love attention and am narcissistic and self-involved. I felt a bit stupid boasting about something that doesn't particularly require any modicum of skill at all, because Wendy is like super-girl and has this amazing ability of organising the most complicated problems into a nice, pretty, pink list of easy-to-read points for even the dumbest of dumb-dumbs like me.

Anyway, I've been doing some fashion pages for a new magazine and randomly chose to feature this leather handbag that, quite frankly, doesn't look anything special at all... In fact, it's bloody boring but costs RM73,000! I don't even earn that much in the whole year and someone would spend that on an ugly bag?! And then carry it around?! Pay me also I dowan!

DollyMummy's friend bought me a new handbag today though and even though I'm sure it don't carry a 5 digit price tag, it is soooooooooooooooo much cuter:



So all those dumbass Datins with no personality and absolutely no original style can kiss my pink bottom.

Incidentally, the Dolly bag, matches my Dolly purse (it's tatty because I've had her for years and years)....


and my recently acquired pink rubber Dolly shoes which smell of strawberry!

Anyway, just to try to be a serious, I went to a meeting at the centre today and tried to look attentive since I had to do the minutes (I don't know how head from my arse, so writing something important and serious like minutes makes me want to cry!).

We were talking about fundraising again which scares me (and also makes me want to cry). I'm so bad at convincing anyone to dish out money, I don't think I would even be able to sell myself if I had to! So my tiny little smidgen of contribution to getting $$$$ is in trying to organise a photography exhibition, profits of which would be Funds Raised, ta-da!

My piddly little attempt to be artistic, lofty AND make lots of cash for the sake of Enlightenment.

THEN, JP said he knows someone who's bringing in My Fair Lady and have offered to do a charity night with us so hurray lots of money for us without having to do anything except shove tickets in people's faces and threaten... I mean, encourage them to buy.

JP told us the whole plan and Dory and I got so happy, we started singing Eliza Doolittle songs nobody seemed amused though, nor even slightly excited at the prospect of singing along to campy songs.

Then Margaret, who is so pretty it makesmesick, said, while looking at a bunch of printouts JP had passed around about the production, "Hey, this fair lady is a bit FAT isn't she?" which is soooo not a fair thing for her to say since she has The Perfect Figure. Of course lah, she looks fat! Anyone bigger than Margaret, or who has a lopsided belly or something is gonna look fat!

Well anyway, JP is my new favourite hero (it changes every month). He really knows the whole wide world. Earlier in the meeting, he told he knew someone who was a fire consultant, who he would talk to about some fire escape regulation... Then he told us about his friend who owns a marble store, who would help us tile our new centre... Then he told us about person he knew who is doing the My Fair Lady thing... Then he told us about another friend who brings in international acts into KL...

This is on top of the contacts he has for making Buddha statues, the whole singing population of KL, his celebrity friends and all his friends in every industry imaginable from food, to fashion, to tile making. He is a walking yellow pages and when you are talking to him, you feel about THIS SMALL but at the same time also VERY SPECIAL that you get to be friends with him.

(I know he reads this blog now so since I have to work with him so much lately, I thought I should layan a bit lah, okay...)

Also, since I slept until forever today, I thought I should go to the gym and make up for the laziness by torturing myself as best I can.... which worked because I felt like death on that EVIL stepper!

Then as I was doing my stretches, I looked up and saw a BodyStep class going on which made me
want
to
cry

since I haven't been to Bodystep for a whole loooooong year now!

So there I was doing my stretches with my head craned up to look at the backsides of everyone in the class. I ain't that out of it yet - I can still figure out what track they're doing from looking at them hopping up and down. Okay, lah, that's a bit sad, I admit. But I lovelovelove BodyStep and it makes me cry that I haven't done it in ages because of my crabby, old woman legs.

After the stretches, I went up and stared in the window and saw the most fabulous step instructor ever. I was infatuated a year ago (he is gorgeous and I want to eat him!) but what to do lah, he Bats For The Other Team (no surprises there); now I get my cheap thrills just by looking at him through the glass door.

Okay, so now it's 3am and after a very busy 12-hour day, I think I deserve to crawl back into my booootiful bed!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom