Tired Dolly (not in that way)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Energy
On the down: Fatigue

I am feeling so very tired (and not in that way!). For a change though, I'm not actually saying this as a complaint, but more as a kind of adrenaline addiction because I realised recently that I'm actually enjoying the exhaustion. I think I'm getting rather used to this distinct lack of sleep and developing a strange ability to be very productive and happy anyway, in spite of it.

Sometimes it *does* feel like there is too much going on, especially in the last two weeks. You've only got so many hours in a day, so mang legs to run, and so many hands to type articles.

BUT, *tada!* I have gained a very important realisation of late which is that, in spite of popular belief, I am not actually a typewriter.

This has made me feel much better about myself and the work I'm trying to get done. Now I suddeny realise *blink* that there is such as setting boundaries so that you can actually accomplish the things you need to accomplish without allowing people to ring you up every half an hour to ask you how to write a sentence/draft a letter/ produce a press release / proofread their work / spell check / write their articles for them.

There is nothing wrong in writing a sentence, drafting a letter, producing a press release and all the rest of it - actually, I quite enjoy it because it's so easy peasy lemon squeezy, but when there are also newsletters to produce, books to conceptualise, write and edit, scripts to plan and documentaries to film, you sometimes, just sometimes, wish you could have just ONE teensy weensy quiet little week to sit in a void to do what you need to do.

But, like I said, I know now that I'm not a typewriter, and that makes my world a little bit happier!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom