Work Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: KMP!
On the down: The end of the week

Having just started my proper working days at KMP (as opposed to working while lolling in bed at home), I've suddenly realised, quite perversely, just how much I LOVE GOING TO WORK!

I woke up well early today - 9am is very early by my standards - and even had time to reinstall my curtain railings (again, because they keep noisily crashing down in the middle of the night, in the middle of night dreams), pack my (new very trendy leather) bag and eat breakfast.

THEN (and this is the MOST fun), I got dressed up for work!

Proper trousers, and a proper shirt.

Okay, no, not really. They're slouchy slacks, and a very frilly almost-Elizabethan ruffled shirt but it's a change from the usual gypsy skirts and my disintegrating Miss Sixty jeans.

David even sent Rinpoche a Paris-wardrobe-update so it must have been enough of a transformation even for David to notice.

There was no where to for me to sit though, since everyone is now sitting on top of each other in KMP now. We can't help it that we're just so well-loved and growing at such an enormous rate, that we're running out of space!

I shacked up temporarily on a sofa, which suits me fine.

And wow, it's just quite amazing what can be accomplished in just one proper working day. Transcribing, interviews, proofreading, writing, nmc and lunch - all in under six hours! There was even time to gossip on MSN and plan a trip to Bali.

I also spent time trying to plan a writing workshop that I'll be doing with Dory. I know, the audacity of me doing a writing workshop. But believe it or not, I did go to university, I did get a degree and I have written professionally for publications. The standard of this blog, obviously, doesn't quite reflect any sort of intelligence, but I promise, that there are still remnants of some, somewhere deep.

So far, it's not going very well. I'm not sure how I'm going to convince anyone of anything.

Very random sorts of people kept walking in and out all day and declaring very random sorts of things. It was very distracting of course, but provided much-needed entertainment for the easily restless like me.

Every few minutes, JJ skipped (yes, skipped) into the room and declared, "I WANT TO GET MARRIED". He even speaks in Caps.

Su Ming came around and bounced around the office and we talked about things that we probably shouldn't be talking about at work... but oh well, a girl needs to keep herself entertained.

Okay back to editing nmc. It's the bane of my life! For my birthday this year, please send me a very gorgeous, fair, hairless boy who will not only sleep with me, but also volunteer to take over nmc forever.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom