Variety Show Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: New experiences
On the down: Unpredictability

Well, I have to say, sometimes I just love my life because it just never, never, ever, ever gets boring.

I was thinking recently about how my days and "work" can now vary from editing books,
to planning book launches in Pavilion,
to cleaning the bathroom (not my own),
to travelling to France/China/India/Thailand at the drop of a hat,
to proofreading badly written articles,
to figuring out how to start up my own business
to managing a guest house and wondering why the hell the ceiling keeps leaking,
to planning a wedding (again, not my own),
to volunteering at the world's largest thangka exhibition,
to organising film shoots of myself (narcissism at its height),
to having two-hour discussions on how to make Joe happy,
to planning a new fashion website,
to interviewing jazz artistes and checking out art exhibitions,
to rolling mantras,
to chauffering around a little dog (also not my own),
to having very serious discussions about DVD cases (black? or white? or clear plastic?).

And this is all in the name of work, career and "what I do." Sometimes when I meet people who I haven't seen in ages and they ask me "so what are you up to?" I have no idea what to tell them.

When I meet new people and they ask that awful question "What do you do?" I bag it all together and say "I'm a freelance writer" which is partly true for probably about 10% of the week.

Well, the point is that being a proper writer is where I really want to get, so I'm doing it the tantra way and "taking the result onto the path" and telling people that that's what I am right now. Positive affirmation etc (If you have no idea about tantra and "taking the result onto the path" thingy then okay never mind, it's complicated. Go to youtube and listen to all of Rinpoche's teachings.)

There are hundreds more random things I end up doing. It's all a learning curve, I tell myself, as I figure out a way to scrub the scum off a soap dish / try to understand what the hell Jason is talking about when he explains all that business stuff to me / figure out how and where to find English Hospital blankets / sit in the middle of a wedding exhibition on a Sunday afternoon (not for myself).

See, I love being me. It's never a dull moment.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom