Dolly the Dharma princess


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Pink!
On the down: Not getting enough people to wear it

Well, so in case you didn't already know, fabulous Kechara in Motion (KIM) just launched the first episode of its newest reality show, The Dharma Princess Diaries, the the Dharma Princess is, of course, ME!

Dharma I'm not so sure about (yet), but the Princess part about being stuck up and spoilt and demanding is very true. I didn't think you could be Dharma and stuckup/spoilt/demanding but apparently you CAN!

Watch this to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!





Then, we had a party to celebrate the launch, complete with a popcorn machine, gourmet coffee (all sponsored!) and fluffy pink door gifts.

I demanded that everybody wear pink, even Howie the camera man.

Then, I knew everyone would expect me to turn up in fluff and tiaras and metres and metres of pink. So of course I didn't. The whole point is to keep em guessing innit? so I turned up looking very corporate. It was so unlike me even I was surprised!



Sharon and Miss Han should be given a million bucks each for putting up with me. They are the bestest bestest producers in the world and don't you forget it! Miss Han went from producing Fear Factor to well, dealing with a spoilt pink princess. Even she wore pink, but she hid it under her white shirt.

All my most favourite people in the world were there to celebrate Christmas and new year and ME (okay, I may as well stop pretending to be modest, I love the attention!). Even lovely jubly Rinpoche came to the premier. How many other people can say the Buddhas turn up at their premiers! so Pffft!

Buddha brought a big surprise with him when he came - my mum! Tucked off in the back seat of his car.

Jenny was all, "Go open the door for Rinpoche when he comes and offer him a khata."

I'm like "Why? Miss Han should do it, she's the head of KIM what."

Jenny's like "Just do it. Got meaning one."

And Jenny's quite scary so you just do whatever she tells you to do, damnit.

I was so damn nervous. Like in case I step on Rinpoche's foot, or shut the door on his fingers or something, so I didn't even notice that Muppet was sitting in the backseat.

Rinpoche's like "Look who I brought with me!"

Oh my god, such confusion.
Your Guru here.
And your mother there.
And like you want to hug them both.
So how.

Rinpoche's like, "Give your mum the khata!"
My mum's like, "I have one already, give the khata to Rinpoche!"
So I stuttered back and forth for ages and ages like a real dumb princess.

Later, Muppet got an audience with Rinpoche and I got to sneak in toooooo. And we even gotRainbow Brite JP into the photo (oh eeewwww how ugly is he in this photo).


I know this sounds so 5-year-old but it was just the bestest bestest Christmas ever!!! And Rinpoche loved the Dharma Princess Diaries, wheeeeeeeeee!

And everyone was happy smappy and dancing about and singing and looking BRIGHT AS BUTTONS!

There was Grace and Eddie who are the cutest people ever. When I grow up I also want to be like them because they like, never ever seem to get cross at anything and have infinite patience for everything (even when I screwed up the wall mural the other day and Grace had to come rescue all my bad splotches).


Pooh bear came too! and he found Tigger!


And my most favourite pink smiley spirit-girl Su Ming!!! Everyone is in PINK! love love love love love (note how Paulyne is at the back looking very stressed again, poor Paulyne).


Joey Wong did NOT wear pink and I will make him pay for it! We are friends now. Earlier last year I like really wanted to beat him up with a stick, but then I said sorry for being the real life version of Rachel McAdams from that movie Mean Girls and now we're pals! I'm still not happy he wore BLUE though. Tsk!


BUT, even Joy wore pink which is a big deal because she NEVER wears pink. I've known Joy since forever and ever and she has put up with me from Day One when I ran around Nepal harrassing her with questions about karma. Joy Joy Joy: remember how we went into every single shop in Boudhanath to find our very first Taras together, And now we each have 21!

Sharon is the only person whose writing I can read without wanting to throw up over my computer. hah! (See what I mean about snob and spoilt and demanding and all that). Also, she and Miss Han put the whole Princess video together (and now have to do another 12 episodes!!!) so she shall be magically transformed into a Bodhisattva by the end of it (she's already almost there anyway).

EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY)'s favourite designer Eric Choong came toooo. Isn't it amazing how someone can get so up-there and famous and still be so damn nice and not give a shit about any of that. And I still DON'T believe for a second that he is 45. My ass! If he's 45, I'm 108.

So we MUST take a photo together CLICK.

But Eric Choong is not Eric Choong without his glasses so he INSISTED we take more photos with glasses. I hate it that Eric looks younger than me here and he's like 20 years older than me!

And Chin Liiiii is the nuttiest person ever. She is also an emanation of a chopstick which means that even if I bind myself up in tight bandages I will still look like a sow next to her.

There are heaps and heaps and heaps more photos but I don't know where they are. Someone sneaky took all the photos and disappeared with them. So these ones of my fat legs will have to do.

Now all of you have to go watch the video when the full version is up on KIM's website if not I will throw a Princess Tantrum and kick you with my pointy pink shoes!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom