Coffee table Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: If not now, when?
On the down: Bad spelling

Our new book is OUT! It is PERFECT and anyone who doesn't like it... well, too bad for you! Read all about it on our new, pink Kechara Media and Publications blog

I decided to go out and have a life to celebrate the book, so I went out to meet the most fabulous person under 30, Vera, at a new salon/boutique launch in Bangsar, Replacement. And boy is it SERIOUSLY SEXY!

Everybody there had amazing hairstyles - really, you never thought it was possible for there to be so many people with such great hair in such a small place. Lots of short crops on the girls, a nice bloody change from all the boring long blah blah dos. See, I was all RIGHT about short hair being far more stylish than Rapunzels. And totally cute orange and grey retro dresses.

BUT, the whole place had turned into a giant smoke bomb and Vera and I started to feel seriously like we were being gassed, so we went for coffee instead.

THEN, Vera asked me to come along with her to go see this shop, ELO. I was all "No! I want to go home and sleeeeep" but okay, it's not everyday I get to see her, so we went.

AND OH MY GOD, it is the most amazing shoe place I've ever seen in Malaysia. Beautiful shoes everywhere, and all in my size! I did the proverbial dying and going to shoe heaven. So I bought! A giant pink bag, white pumps and very sexy grown up peep toe grey heels. Chinese New Year always justifies buying plenty of new things that you never need.

Anyway, like I've written in Kechara pub, JJ sent me a message about the book halfway through me slipping on a 3-inch pink pump. So then I got real damn freaked out that Joe (and Buddha) would be waiting there big spears to poke through my ears.

When I got back, JJ said, "Oh, we found another mistake" which was a missing comma. And I am completely obsessive compulsive about commas so I freaked again.

Then I plucked up the courage to go say hello to Joe. scared scared!

But Joe was happy and was so Rinpoche, so if the Buddhas and dakinis are happy, then I'm happy. (Or happier anyway, cos I'm still stressing about the comma).

I got all bouncy bouncy and happy and WIDE AWAKE and didn't want to sleep anymore, so Su Ming and I decided to go buy slurpees for Shin.

Shin told us they don't do slurpees are night.

WHAT?! How can they not do Slurpees at night? We were determined to prove her wrong so we went. THEN, Joe even offered to drive us there in his brand new hot wheels! I told him he suddenly got way hotter now that he's got this super sexy car - that's shallow mallow but SERIOUSLY, THE CAR IS SO DAMN HOT! Su Ming and I danced around and then took turns to sit in the front.

On the way back, we had a discussion of what it is to be chubby. He said Su Ming is chubby. Su Ming is nearing a size 6, how can she be chubby, What are you on Joe?!?! I said, "Su Ming isn't chubby!!!!!"

So he asked who is?

I said, "I'm chubby, but Su Ming definitely isn't!"

Then (the idiot!) said, "Yah! You're chubby. Yup, you're definitely chubby, You're chubby alright, you are chubby."

I had to jump in and say, "Okay! Enough already, you've already said it four times!" gee!

We went back to KMP and I was still bouncy bouncy so thought I'd stay up and play with the ladrang people. This inevitably means that I will end up editing an article (how is it possible that there's so many articles to edit all the time?).

I sat there and watched dinosaur JP spend about an hour attaching photos to his 2-paragraph article. Then I tried to edit it, although what can you really edit out of 2 paragraphs? I told him he needed to expand it. So he spent another 20 minutes looking at the screen, and he looked so pathetic I couldn't tahan anymore so had to take the laptop away and write it myself.

He was very happy about that, because then he could sit around and talk about how he was going to marry off Jenny and Su Ming and SP and everyone else in the world to rich people. I have NO idea how he knows all these people and all this gossip but he is the human version of Hello! magazine. REALLY.

So we've decided to
- wrap up Su Ming in a box with a big ribbon, to be offered up to Teh Hong Piow
- marry Jenny off to one of JP's rich but very short friends (Jenny asked if he can wear platforms) and
- sell off SP as a gigolo (although we're not sure he quite meets the criteria yet or if there's really a demand... hehe)

We REALLY need to come up with more viable fund raising schemes.

At some point, Jenny shouted across the room, "EH! You put on A LOT OF WEIGHT huh? Your face lah! So round now."

Leave my weight alone, yo!

In any case, I *am* trying to get a bit healthier and fitter and reduce the blobbiness in time for the wedding. So this involves no snacking, and a return to channelling the energies of St Tropez as I go swimming under blue skies (plenty of those these days). This also means no evil Chinese new year cookies (which, let's face it, never ever taste as good as they look). I have resolved only to eating oranges!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom