Picket Fence Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Chinese new year
On the down: Not having anywhere to go

I am bored bored bored! Chinese new year is just a big fat vacuum. On the up, this means I can sleep in and eat without feeling any morsel of guilt; on the down, this means I am bored bored bored. Everyone's gone away, the shops are all closed and there is nothing to do except look at myself in the mirror.

Today though, I thought I would make the effort to go visit Steven and his family - do the whole nice Chinese new year visiting thing. I resolved to get up early in the morning, bring along a pretty box of oranges and make it there in time for the lion dance.

I woke up too late, missed the lion dance and forgot the damn oranges.

Never mind, I made it all the way out to his big beautiful house to say hello (empty handed, the shame). I met Steven in BodyStep and while at first I was determined to dislike him because he was taking over from an instructor I adored, I now love love love LOVE LOVE him.

See, I'm really not into that whole surburban marriage thing at all but with Steven, I really really want to marry him in one of those big traditional weddings, have like a zillion kids with him, live in a beautiful house in Mutiara Damansara and go shopping on the weekends at Tescos. But hello! reality check. He is so not into me. And won't be. Ever. I must stop barking up the wrong trees!

The other thing that makes me feel annoyed and moochy when I meet up Steven is my not being able to dance up and down like a BodyStep bunny. Since he's an instructor, the mere sight of him reminds me of those good old loud, jumpy days when I was thin! beautiful! fit! and a total expert at every BS release from 55 to 63. Since screwing up my legs, I'm now fat! not quite so beautiful! and can barely remember how to hop.

Steven, because he is darling and caring like that, made me promise him that I'll go do an MRI on my legs SOON. I think I must. It's been 2 years and I really must sort it out before I drive myself nuts with the pain.

And now, I'm going out to Pavilion to go burn some cash and actually have a life. Sometimes I forget that I do actually have friends. happy noo year, moop moop.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom