Off to a good start


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Brand new starts!
On the down: Exhaustion hangovers

After the hectic weekend, I feel like I am starting everything all brand new again. Suddenly, there is a big blank slate - my diary is BLANK! and I have weeks and weeks ahead of me to write and edit and finally finish my book before Joe and Susan and JJ and the whole KMP building come crashing down on me.

I've been trying to eat healthy again, ditching the McDonald's fried chicken for yoghurt and museli instead. I've also tried waking up early to go swimming - this was great, I was all bouncy bouncy, bright eyed and happy to be in the pool at 8am.

I then went to work, ate a healthy breakfast - all cereals and fruit! - and did lots of work.... although, most of it involved cleaning up someone's sloppy work, AGAIN. Let it be known that KMP editor's don't actually do any of their own work. We're forever trying to tidy other people's work because they just can't seem to be arsed to be thorough!

In any case, I'm very proud of the tutorial I did manage to salvage, I mean REDO. It was oh-so-professional and very pretty considering it was the first time I'd ever done something like that.

Then, by 3pm I got all sleepy and had to go for a nap while at work. I hid among the cushions and tried very hard to disappear so that nobody would see me slacking on the job. I said, "20 minutes, I just need 20 minutes, I'm exhausted."

It turned out to be more than that, of course. Eventually, JJ loomed over me and bellowed,

"OH MY GOD, 20 minutes turned into 2 hours!"

I think I'm still suffering from the exhaustion hangover from after the weekend. Chin Li has decided that this is whole genre of hangover on its own - the kind that doesn't need any alcohol whatsoever but still makes you feel totally like crap for days after.

Today, I was determined to wake up at 8am to clean my house. I set my phone alarm, it rang at 8am, and I hit the snooze button every 10 minutes until 11.30am. At which point, I decided to just turn it off and sleep.

At 1.30pm, I stirred away and prepared to go in for our 2 oclock meeting. I was idling in bed answering all my SMSes first, when JJ texted, "Where are you? We're starting soon."

I texted back, "coming soon! 2pm right?" then jumped out of bed and headed for the shower.

When I got back and checked my message, the only one from JJ said, "No. NOW!"

I got there. But really rather late.

FAIL.

Anyway, I've also decided to stop living in a pigsty and CLEAN MY HOUSE.

I stuck my cheesy Rihanna CD on and swept the living room, mopped three times, cleaned the kitchen, wiped off the stove which was covered in about 3 months worth of grease (and I never even cook), aired out the whole house because I don't the windows have ever been opened in the last two months, and did all my offerings.

I'm so good, I know!

I'm wondering why it is that even though I'm only ever home for a few hours each day to sleep and shower (and maybe, just maybe, eat some toast), I'm still the only one who is cleaning the house and paying all the utility bills *grumble*

But okay, whatever. We're off to a good start so I shall let other people deal with their other-people karma.

And tomorrow morning, I shall be up by dawn to go walking in the hills.... I hope!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom