Flu Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Robert!
On the down: Coughing

I can't shake off this horrible horrible evil cold and it's really making me not want to do anything except drink tea and watch E! TV.

BUT BUT BUT the beautiful Robert is coming on board as my Style editor which has totally and completely made my day. It's hard to explain and you'd only understand if you know Robert or if you see him and his beautiful, immaculate style.

Seeing as I dress mostly like a homeless bag lady, it comes as a huge relief that someone with a decent sense of style will be dealing with the fashion pages. Huzzah!!!!

It really feels like I haven't been able to go out and play for a very long time. Mostly, I just want to sleep when I have free time these days... and this is only the beginning! Have been meeting heaps of interesting people though and even though I really look and feel like I've been dragged through a drain, they don't seem to have noticed (or are just being exceptionally nice about it).

I was thinking of growing my hair out so as to look more presentable for the job. I EVEN considered the possibility of buying proper clothes from Well Established Brands and, like, real shoes.

But heck, that wouldn't be fun. Who wants to end up looking like every other magazine editor in the city. Just
you
watch
while a Dolly takes the publishing world by storm with her bed head, altogether-uncoordinated outfits, construction boots* and absolutely no make up.

And let it be known that I do not EVER initiate air kisses nor enjoy posing for society shots that will turn up eventually in the city's tacky wannabe socialite pages. There, everybody looks like a drag-something, or like they're made of cling film.

(Dollyblog is okay for posing though, where photos are candid! fun-loving! silly!)

I've been trying to see how long I get through life without having to buy a suit. It's like once you do, you sell into a whole yucky corporate PROPER world. And who the hell wants to be proper? Yuck. Imagine if I'd actually gone ahead and pursued a journalism career in the UK - it would be suits EVERY DAY *horror*


See, I suppose there IS one good thing that comes out of KL's underdeveloped, tacky, backward writing scene and that is being able to get away with mooching about in Birkenstocks and flower skirts.

Okay, I no long have no idea what this post is all about. Mooo.

*construction boots: I WANT SOME! Where can I get them?! Tell me, tell me, tell me.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom