Work Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: New job, new places
On the down: Incompetence?

Thus began the first day at work! I have a proper desk and you know, the thing that excited me the most was the nice spongey corkboard for pinning up all my stuff. Sure beats the hell out of using blue tack.

After working from home for the past two years, this office thing comes as a BIG FATshock. Like, having to share a pantry with other people (yuck), and walking miles away for the toilet (which wasn't even working today, damnit). And florescent lighting.

The first thing I had to sort out was a whole mass of photos from a recent party (that I was at, no less) and LABEL who were in the photos. The brilliant techy design guy who had to upload the photos onto the website kept asking me who they were and I kept saying I didn't know. He just looked at me like, "Har? You don't know?"

Man, I so don't know what I'm doing. Either they have a lot and a lot of confidence in me, or they were really desperate to get someone on the job.

I'm assuming it's the former because I hashed out this letter in about 5 minutes, got the boss to read it. I was thinking, aiyo sure got heaps of mistakes lah, she's gonna make me rewrite the whole damn thing. But but but, she said it was fine to send out to like, the whole world.

Damn
I'm
good

(one of) The most beautiful boy in the whole world with the most fantastic ability to style beautiful beautiful fashion pages might be my style editor so I'm praying praying praying he says yes.

Also, there was a very lovely boy in a pressed white shirt wandering around the office today. He speaks funny but does a meeeeeeeeean job with design. He asked me opinion on new concepts for the new website so I hung over his desk for a bit and swooned. I'm so easily impressed. Show me something beautiful and I'm all

WOW!!
WOOOOOWWWWW!
WOWWW!

Seriously though, when you see the website, it
will
make
you
scream
(in an orgasm sort of way)

I want to take him home!!!

Okay, so I'm not juggling two jobs plus a million mantras to complete asap. Am starting to feel a bit schizophrenic. And I need to go do more work. NOW.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom