Bad luck Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: The Purification Process
On the down: Everything going wrong

It's only 2.30am, I haven't got pressing work and I finally have time to blog!

I know I still have to write about Bangkok but that is going to take a very long time and I freak out just thinking about it. So I'll tell you about my disastrous day on Thursday. Really, it was like one of those movies where everything bad happens, except it wasn't even scripted.

In the morning, I dropped a thermos mug and the lid broke... which of course totally sucks since the whole point of a thermos mug is to keep things thermo-hot and the lack of a lid doesn't exactly help it stay that way.

Then, I went to KMP to spend the whole day editing a book with a couple of other writers. At page 30, my laptop (which we were doing all the edits on) just totally died. It wouldn't turn on, it wouldn't charge, nothing. But okay, never mind, we used Sharon's laptop instead.

The next day, I found out that it was only because I had accidentally flicked this switch on the side that keypadlocked the whole damn keyboard. What a totally stupid, unnecessary switch and I drove all the way into Jalan Raja Chulan just for them to tell me that.

Then, after 6 hours of editing, I thought I'd go buy myself a vanilla milkshake, which I had been craving the whole long day. When I tried to drink it, I discovered there was a big hole in the bloody straw.

At 3am, just before we finally decided to go home, I had to transfer 5 HUGE boxes of tsatsas into JP's car. I parked my car behind JP's, right across the middle of the road (never mind, it was 3am, there was no traffic) and we heaved and ho'ed everything into his car. In the process, I dropped one of the boxes (which must have weight at least about 20 kilos each) on my finger.

Okay, it also just so happens that the autolock system on my car has fucked up recently. Opening any of the doors, except the driver's seat door, central locks the whole car.

After we had moved all the boxes, I realised I had temporarily left my keys inside the car and now all the doors were closed. Opening the wrong door would lock everything and trap the keys inside.

I said, "Okay, wait, my keys are inside" and just as I was trying to figure out which door it was that I could open without it locking, Shin reached forward and said, "Okay, let's get them then"

I swear, it was like a movie. I screamed, "NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooo" - I could even see it happening in slow motion.

And just then, Shin lifted the latch of the back door.

The whole car locked even before Shin managed to get the door open.

So now we had a locked car, with my keys inside. And I don't have a spare key because whoever it was that we bought the car from didn't ever give us spare keys, and stupid me never bothered to get one.

Aiyo.

Fat Monk, one of the old dudes from our centre, and his mates got out all this steel wire and tried to open the doors from the inside. It was so like a legit carjacking heist. Typical that that my bloody car is so damn safe that even when they managed to pull up the lock from the inside, the door still wouldn't open. This anti-theft thing is good!

I finally had to call a locksmith and pay him RM300 to spend two minutes to open my car. I could have bloody bought a new pair of shoes with that. Oh well, it's my own stupidity so I can't even blame anyone for that!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom