Friday night Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Beautiful people
On the down: Not being quite as beautiful enough...

I went to see Whye Mun sing at The Attic on Friday. Whye Mun has the best smile in the whole world and also a voice that makes everybody cry because it's just so fantastic. (Why is it that I know all these people who can sing so damn well, when I can't sing for shit. choy.) I mean, heck, she sang this Norah Jones song (forget which one) and it sounded bloody better than Norah herself. She also sang Sarah MacLachlan *screams!* Anyone who sings Sarah MacLachlan (and doesn't butcher it) wins many dolly points in my little pink dolly book.

It seemed like the whole world was there on Friday. Bumped into Charlene again (I seem to see her all over Bangsar!). She's the celebritee that appeared in Dollyblog a while back and has these fantastic big eyes like buttons.

I hate her because she's so adorable and cute, and has this amazing wardrobe. She's so small I don't think I could even fit an arm through any of her clothes.

Anyway, I think I was being really boring that night because I was just so damn exhausted from not having slept in ages so I remember I kept zoning out and staring at the piano. Poor Charlene had to keep asking me questions if not I would start to go quiet and ignore her (and if I go quiet, it definitely means something is wrong!)

Chin Li was also there but had run off with some guy that she keeps going on about being hot but um, so isn't. A while later, she came back and told me how she also passed out, how she kept bashing into the wall when she was walking and how everything suddenly went black. Uh oh.

So I ordered her tea and cake and made her eat. Everything becomes right when you feed Chin Li.

Then, there was this girl sitting in front of us with amazing hair and Chin Li kept saying she wanted to ask the girl where she cut her hair, but was too shy to ask. Aiyo.

So big mouth me tapped her on the shoulder and told her we loved her hair. Now that I think about it, it was probably totally rude of me because she was sort of hugging her boyfriend and looked like she just wanted to spend time with him, and there was this loud, intefering girl with bad hair and big eye bags talking to her about her hair.

She was so super nice about it though, and soon I found out that it was actually Xandria Ooi. Ooh, like how Tatler and Hello! magazine of me to be randomly talking to celebrities.

Okay. Time out. I need to get on my soap box and say something IMPORTANT.

Having met Xandria and the current Miss Malaysia (Adeline Choo) within the same week, I have to say they both looked so much more fantastic in person than they do on print/on tv.... which either means they are just far too stunning for the cameras to handle or Malaysian media is deliberately ugly-cising our beautiful people!!!!!

(Also, meeting two very gorgeous people in the same week doesn't really do a lot for a paranoid, self-obsessed girl like me who has such complicated self-esteem issues! But okay never mind, save the neurosis for another time.)

Earlier in the night I also spotted the kinkybluefairy whose blog is my most favourite read in the whole enormous cyberworld. Now, my MSN nickname is Faery, but this one really really really looks like a fairy and whenever I see her, I start to feel a bit like a fraud.

I thought I'd be a bit perasaan and go say hello.

She was having this very animated conversation with some people but I went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder, like three times before she finally turned around. Then I got all stalker fan-like really embarrassing way:

"You're the kinkybluefairy, aren't you?! I just wanted to say I really like your blog, and I know how you hate people coming up to you just to talk about your blog, but I really like your blog."

Yah, yah, I really did sound as dumb as that.

The kinkybluefair was very nice about it though and even talked to me for a bit. She had this great new red hair which made me feel even more stoopid, because I've wanted to do the whole-head-in-shocking-red-dye thing for ages and ages and now that she's gone and done it, I'm just going to look like a copycat fraud. AGAIN.

I told her I liked the red anyway though. We talked about red dye for a bit, and she was even being nice enough to encourage me to go do mine red too.

But okay, now I definitely can't do it without looking like a fraud.

Su Ming was there too and made me a mean Mojito. She was complaining about it not being a real mojito but I remember it tasting better than any of the other mojitos I've had before (and I don't usually like mojitos). Her beautiful boy Terence was also there and he came over to talk for a bit. He always talks so damn fast though so I can never understand what he's saying, and it was even harder that night with all the people and music. I always feel a bit bad because he says something, and I have to ask him to repeat it about 3 times, and when I finally still don't get it, I kind of just nod, try to feign the appropriate reaction and hope I got it right.

The Most Beautiful Interior Designer in the world was also there.

When you see him, you wonder how it is possible that there could exist someone as sublime and gorgeous as that. I'm scared to look at him directly in the face in case he cracks and disappears and I wake up and realise that it was actually just some warped figment of my over active imagination.

Also, you know how there's this English lady who works at The Attic? She's always so damn nice to me and makes it a point to come over and chat, but I can't remember her name AT ALL. And I've been there so many times, and talked to her so many times that it would just be plain damn rude to ask her what her name is now. So please tell me her name if you know it!

I still hadn't dinner by about 12 and Chin Li was hungry (again. She eats every half an hour and still never puts on weight. I think she stores it all in her feet). So we went to Safiz and talked about boys for an hour (well, what's new).

Okay, I've run out of things to say now but I'm going to be away all of next week and I'm trying to make the most out of blogging tonight before a big long absence.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom