Shoe Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Shoes!
On the down: Not finding your size

Recently, I've rediscovered my horrible obsession with shoes. I can't let myself step into Aldo anymore because each time I do, another RM300 vanishes out of my bank account. The girls there even know me now since I do loans there quite often, and always seem to end up buying while doing work.

Look at the all the FabulousFantasticShoooooooooooes they have!






I heard/read/imagined out of nowhere that shoes are some sort of phallic replacement, so women who are obsessed with shoes are actually obsessed with the phallus. Like, okay, whatever. Sometimes even raging nazi-feminist me thinks these feminists have too much time on their hands to think up all this shit.

What totally irritates is that I have enormous feet and they never, ever have my size so either I suck it up and squeeze my toes into a 39, or I'm stuck with wearing ugly Factory Outley flipflops for the rest of my life.

Went shopping with Lannie today, on a Sunday-afternoon Girlie Day Out.... and saw The Most Delicious Pair of Chocolate Shoes. Yum! I mean, really, what could get better than this? SHOES and CHOCOLATE in a delightful pairing!


Just look at the chocolatey goodness! They're real and good enough to chomp on.

They even had my size, but they completely squished my right toes and were too expensive so I did that zen non-attachment thing and Let Them Go.... for the time being. I told myself that if they're still there at the end of the week, I'll buy them.
Then, we went over to this posh Vincci store (really, it's actually quite pretty and nothing like the usual tat you get in the other branches). And I found some fantastic black peep toes that I

so
so
so
so
so
wanted


But.
They didn't have my size.
They didn't have it in any of the other Vincci outlets.
And they weren't ever going to order any more in.

So tragic and sad and Incredibly Pissing-Offing.

But I was absolutely determined to buy chocolate-coloured shoes. And when I get determined about shopping, I usually get my way (gee, why can't I seem to get that determination for anything else)


In the end, I settled for dark chocolate low-heeled peep toes.

Okay, so they're more Cadbury than Godiva, but it'll have to do (and were fantastically cheaper than the gorgeous ones above). On the upside, they don't mash my toes to a pulp, and will look excellent with my cute new stripey dress.

Now, I must absolutely find an excuse to go party, just to wear out the new shoes and the new clothes.

Isn't it nice to be so absolutely shallow :P

(well, even my MA dissertation (the biggest, longest, most serious thing I've had to write in my tiny life) was titled "Thank goodness for outward appearances" and was all about how superficial our postmodern lives are. I got a distinction for it, so I like to think I am completely qualified to be this shallow!)

Labels: , ,

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom