Dolly's eyes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Honesty
On the down: Misplaced judgement

Okay, so the THG is not really that TH after all. The fit gym attire and Nice Muscles on display at the weights area were quite misleading and got me unnecessarily excited.

Yesterday, after I spent 5 seconds to put my contacts on, I realised just how easily misplaced my judgement can be! When I saw the THG again, this time with +1.75 vision correctly in place, I freaked out at my inability to see properly the first time round.

Then, on the same night, I really learnt not to trust my vision-less eyes when I walked into the gompa at 3am after digging out my contacts and saw Kennie, and thought he was hot.

Bleeecccchhh...

Okay, but I'm not just a shallow rag. I like people's personalities too. Kennie can be fabulous too. Somtimes.

The Not So Hot Guy (now renamed to NSHG) though is on some Totally Wrong Wavelength that I
just
cannot
get

When he opens his mouth, it's like he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-out-inanotherplanet over THERE
and I'm
HERE.

I don't understand what he says, I don't understand the humour, I don't even understand what subject he’s talking about most of the time. He's quite nice lah, I suppose, but just a bit too bloody keen and it's scaring me!!!

And now I can't seem to shake him off. He wants to do everything with me - go swimming, go gym, go eat dinner, go drinks. Sien.

Lesson learnt: be careful who you smile at on the cardio machines!

And make sure you wear your bloody contact lenses.

So damn potong stim.

(I hope Miin doesn’t shake her head and give me a lecture about being so superficial because she'd be right).

Anyway, I thought I would be a hero yesterday and do party and prayers all in one night. So I managed a Medicine Buddha puja, before going for dinner and karaoke, and then went back to the centre for aftermidnight mantras.

I’m Soooooooooooooo Good.

I have decided, however, that I’m getting bored of karaoke already. I think it’s the fact that I can’t actually sing anything without making people cry from the pain of listening and the Drink of Choice always seems to be old man Chivas. Yuck.

JP was being YSG yesterday and went for mantras before karaoke. And he had The Magic Ticket that held the vodka, so I couldn’t break into the remaining half of the Absolut til he got there. And really, after talking to the NSHG for about two hours, I damn well needed a Très Stiff drink.

I don't think I've ever been or ever will be as happy to have seen him when he walked through the door at about 1am. Also, after looking at and listening to the NSHG go on and on and on for the past two hours, JP looked, comparatively, as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel.

Andrea was back from Hong Kong and was sporting yet another fantastic handbag, from Miu Miu. She is now officially the Person With the Most Glamourous Wardrobe that I know. I hate her, she's so gorgeous!

Other highlight: Chin Li was hyping up some Gary guy for weeks now and had rung me up a few days earlier just to tell me that he was coming on Sat night. Okay, so I HAD to see what the big deal was.

No big deal lah.

JP yelled in my ear, “But isn’t he short enough for you?!”

Like gee, I don’t just like any man who's short okay.

I must stop talking about boys. I thought it might make a good fundraiser to get people to sponsor me to stop talking about men and sex for a month. JJ and Kennie didn’t believe I would last. What great friends I have, with such great faith in me. Pish.

But really. Must stop talking. Since the rediscovery of singleness two months ago, I have talked and lusted and desired and gotten absolutely bloody nowhere. All Talk No Action and it’s getting embarrassing and ridiculous, and now the whole world has confirmed their opinion of me as being entirely
a) desperate
b) pathetic
c) someone with too much time on her hands
d) small minded
e) frivolous
f) graceless about being single
g) all the above

Sometimes I think I just talk for the sake of attention and not even because it's actually what I want. Classic attention-seeker traits.

Time for a break. For the next month, I shall only talk about the weather, politics and work responsibilities, just to prove that I am capable of thinking with something other than my hormones.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom