Chinese New Year Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Fundraising RM108k!
On the down: Parties ending early

Alcohol makes me write ridiculous things so I even though it’s 3am, I thought I should blog about A Most Fantastic Evening.

We had a Chinese New Year fundraising dinner and auction tonight for KH and raised RM108,000!!! Totally a record and our heads are still spinning! *I’m spinning around lalalala* (Kylie)

Everyone wore red for the CNY theme and it really was so “ang ang” and redred that even my grandmother would have been proud.

This afternoon, I got a panicked call from JP about how we hadn’t bought any oranges. Chinese New Year and NO ORANGES? Hooooooooooow? So it gave me the excuse to go to 1Utama and buy oranges…. And on the way also picked up a new matchymatchy pink cover for my phone (see, I am obsessed and too attached) AND
hot
patent
red
high heeled
pumps.

They are so hot and so chilli, they would make you thirst for days. (Shantini the queen of red, is so going to scream when she sees them!)


I found out later how difficult it was to stay standing in them for more than an hour without being compelled to murder someone just to relieve the pain.

Anyway, the bright-and-early committee were there Bright and Early at 5pm to start setting up. Party guests were supposed to start coming in at about 7, and by 6, my feet felt like death already.

By the time the food was laid out I RAN and ate as if it was going out of fashion. So did everyone else. James sat next to me and kept saying, “Are you going back again?” and waiting waiting waiting for me to say yes so he could go back for seconds too. I told him, Aiyo, just go lah! But he had this thing about going back to the buffet alone.

I’ve decided that James is the new Pooh Bear (sorry JJ).


He has a voice like butter and for RM200, he sang us You Raise Me Up, which made everybody want to fall in love.

Anyway, then we started the auction and Dolly was up there em-ceeing with JP and SP trying to force… I mean, encourage people to bid bigbigbig. There were so many little auction battles. Soooo dramatic and exciting and edge-of-your-seat it makes Eastenders look tame.

Silly Shirley had come just to get a Vajrayogini pendant. Yay for her staying through dinner and drinks and everything else just for the pendant. When it was up for auction she just bid and bid and big. I think she might have put her house up for auction if it got to that stage.

She got it after a furious battle with Krystal. Doesn’t she look pretty and smug with it?


Ooooh it was sooo fun shouting into a mic all night long. That whole “going once, going twice, sold” thing is such a little headrush! Made the vodka that Paulyne kept laddling out to me seem quite mild. We had gotten to an ab fab total of 85,000 then someone decided it would be better to up it to 88k. So we did. Then someone else decided it would be even better to up it to 108k.

So we did!

We are marvelous! And we sure deserved to get silly after that.

Here we go pose pose pose pose pose pose pose (in so much lovely angpow red!)

I love Su Ming. I can afford to ditch the grownup behavioru and act like I'm 6 around her. (My head looks so damn big here though and such ugly gums ewwwwww!)
Webbie, Dory and Su Ming wore so much red to do us all proud. Don't they look happy smappy!
Sio Chian is our centre's president and is the most insane person I know over 30. Don't underestimate the glasses and hair - she can be totally hot and out-party
all of us!
Okay, I look so much better here than Kennie does but I just wanted to point out how obsessed he seems to be recently about this tongue thing.
It's getting a bit worrying. (For the record, his tongue didn't touch me... if not, I would've caught boy germs!)
Even Joe (serious Joe!) put on groovybaby sunglasses and got forced onto the dancefloor. He's just such a cutie!

Then someone thought it would be fun to go around trying to get boys to take their shirts off. Everything terbalik in our centre. It’s the boys who are pretty and doing the stripteases.
Secretly, JP just luuuuuuuuuuuuurves the attention. I don't know why he even bothers with the pretend-modesty.

What is it about SP that makes it so much fun to go up and harrass
t
he hell out of him?!

By about this time, I decided to give up on the shoes and run around barefoot which just made my feet Soot and Tar Black. They were so damn painful I was willing to put up with the blackiness. Can always wash wat.

The Bodhisattva Kennie went around offering free massages which were amaaaaaaazing. (Or maybe it was only because my legs hurt thaaaaaaaaat much). Su Ming’s blissed out orgasmic-back-massage face is evidence enough.


So… Er… He has a long tongue AND massage fingers? What did I tell you about his girlfriend being lucky.

Ooooh, extra big special kisses to Wendy who is officially the brainiest, most organised, wonderful, talented person I have ever known.

She is The real Miss Money Penny. She handled all the money thingies all night and never took a break. Everytime I looked over at poor Wendy she was clattering away on Excel and handling huge piles of cash.

I would have
So
Freaked
Out

And there she was sitting in this unruffled, zenness like she was having a picnic.

We of the Vajrayogini Paradise Committee (otherwise known as VPC, otherwise known as the Very Party Committee) did the nice dutiful thing of staying back til everyone left. Such congenial hosts and hostesses we are! JP’s friend who owned the restaurant probably couldn’t wait to see the back of us. He never looked so happy as when it was packing up time.

Then we stood around in the carpark and had little mini celebrations in our head over how well we’d done. We had little group hugs and kept saying thank you to each other round and round in a circle. It was so Hallmark and I think the two ham paos JP and Wendy were going to start crying again (forever crying, those two).

So we diluted the touchyfeelyness with more posey posey pics.

Kennie tried... and failed to make any sort of impression.

We decided to take a group photo by self-timing the camera by balancing it on the spare wheel of JP's car. The first shot made me look fat. JP said, "But you are fat" which SO made me want to cry and stab him in the groin with my stilettos.

We got it right, eventually, with promises from Kennie that he would make sure I look thin (he didn't, but okay, nevermind)

Oh, it's like friendly, cheesey high school photos all over again *sigh*

And then we went home very happy for the 108k we had squashed out of many bank accounts for the sake of Enlightenment, hurray!

So long and good night!!!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom