Sky Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Bubblegum Martinis
On the down: Getting back to work
Okay, so I admit it. I can't stop talking about myself. The 14 hour break was long enough and now I'm back. Did you miss me? Yes, I thought you did.
Am so trying to procrastinate from writing this article. It was a fun interview with a bunch of fun artists but I am SO not able to put anything together and it's due like NOW. Bleah. It's been two hours and I've only written 500 words. Pithy!
Went out to dinner with my leeettle cousin Jason and his oh-so-glamorous girlfriend Karen and scoffed the BEST burger, EVER. And then had a bubblegum martini that really did taste like bubblegum - the alcohol didn't make me feel ill but the liquid, melty overdose of Sugar In A Glass sure did.
Then we fiiiiiiiiiiiinally made it to the Sky Bar @ Trader's Hotel (being like, the last people in the whole city who haven't been) which is bootiful but damn bloody hot. I even bothered to shave my legs last night and made an effort to match my bra to my top so it wouldn't look kooky, but it ended up just being too damn hot to do anything except lie on the couch and languish like Phaedra.

We did have a nice view in the corner though (as a trade off for any lack of ventilation) which made me proud to be Malaysian. If anyone knocks KL, they're in trouble!

And they have pink menus which sort of redeemed the whole stuffy heat thing a bit for me. Here’s Miin and Loo Guat showing off the pinkness.

Just realised yesterday that I’ve known Miin for 20 YEARS which suddenly made me feel old as a rock for being alive long enough to know someone for two decades. (PS isn't her vintage dress Just So Cute)


Loo Guat struck a very slouchy glamglam model-like pose, without even intending to.

Then JJ and BenBen turned up. Huzzah! I always feel like a dork around Ben because he’s done a million things in his wee life and now he’s all just zen and cool and laidback and “yeah baby, been there, done that.” Either he’s just a very collected, zen dude, or he’s bored, and I’m always worried it’s the latter because he keeps so quiet all the time.

I reeeaaally want a big brother like him though because he’s so damn nice all the time and always ready to give you a hug and listen to all your problems, no matter how shitty *muaks* So I manja a bit lah.


Then he decided he would try to errrr... give the KL tower (which you can’t really see here, sorry for my shit photography) a handjob . He did the whole action soooooo well, it worries me slightly hmmmm

What a natural! And he looks so happy too!

What is it about boys’ bums that are so appealing?

JP turned up with a bevy of beautiful girls the kind that I have lifelong love-hate relationships with… which means I hate them because they’re so prettteeee but would so love to look like that. Turns out one of them, Charlene, is a celebrity! - one of the city’s top ten most glamourous people, according to one of the magazines (I forget which…)

Isn't it nice to have a celebritee on Dolly blog!

Later, I heard them saying she weights 40kg which just made me feel even more like a boat than I already did in my horrid PMS water-retained state. I think my left leg probably weights more than 40kg and here was a whole entire being who weighed that!

There was also this cute boy there so I perasaan-ly went up and asked him if he was gay. He wasn’t but nowadays I don’t really believe what people say (just in case, so you don’t get any hopes up) He had neat glasses that are like mine and a t-shirt that said “today is going to be a better day” though I couldn’t really figure out what the point of a statement like that was?

He was sitting with a girl called Chereen (so confuzzling - Chereen, Charlene... I had to keep checking their name cards to figure out who is who).

There was also a girl there called Esme (short for Esmeralda) who I also loved to hate cos she was sooo pweetty and I felt like a donkey next to her. Later, I said to her, "Hey, it's Esmeralda isn't it? Like the gypsy from Notre Dame" which is TOTALLY a compliment coming from me since I've always wanted to be a gypsy and loveloveloved that book and think Esmeralda is 19th Century Literature's Most Beautiful Woman (and she's kind, too, for loving Quasimodo). But Esme didn't look very impressed that I had just called her a gypsy.

We got kicked out at 1am which really distressed me because it was so early. Half of everyone decided to go home so the rest of us - JP, his bevy of women and a Dolly - went down Asian Heritage Row where everything had gone also into REM sleep. I wanted to jump out onto the pavement and stomp my feet and cry.

I was chatting crap all the way home in the car and Esme kept asking me in a really polite lovely way to stop talking in English because all the smut coming out of my mouth was bound to shock Chereen's driver into resignation, or something. But I don't speak Cantonese lah, what to do. I tried to shut up butbutbut couldn't. Chereen looked a bit bewildered, Charlene was nice enough to laugh with me, and JP sat up front trying very quietly to ignore me.

Now, the day after, I feel really ridiculous.

How shaming. I really must learn how to behave. Next time I go out, I'm only going to talk about what kind of makeup I use and how I used to play the piano, like a proper little lady.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom