Chivas Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Doing things you wouldn't normally
On the down: Chivas

I think if I didn't go out last night I would be bald from tearing out my hair from boredom.

Fortunately, work things lead to play things. Had to go sort out some stuff for a fundraiser we're organising so when I got home I rang JP to update... only to find out that he was already out drinking (it was only 4pm!) and asked he I would like to come along. I dee-d and dumm-ed and wondered if I should.

DollyMummy, who overheard the conversation went into a flap. She got real paranoid about me drinking and smashing up the car/ running over a pedestrian / getting caught at a road block, fined RM1000 and chucked into lockup.

I said, "Aiyah, I'll drive reeeeeaaaally slowly okay."

She said, "Yes, you might drive slowly but other crazy drunk people might not! And it's CNY you know! Lots of crazy drunk people on the road!"

It went on and on and on, and JP kept ringing to ask, "Have you left you? Are you coming? What are you doing? Why aren't you coming yet? Chin Li's asking where you are." He's such a real naggy woman lah, that one.

I decided to just leg it out of the door when nobody was looking.... and sped my way to Alexis.

And then proceeded to drink two lychee martinis without food which made me feel very silly.

(Aunty) Chin Li was also there and this girl called Andrea who I have apparently met before but couldn't, on my life, remember. She has the BEST hair though and this very expensive looking but scary snakeskin bag that nobody wanted to touch.

We started talking about sex and JP said, "Why don't you just go to a bar, pick up someone and have sex with them then? You're desperate right?"

Like gee. I have standards, you know! Andrea and I tried to explain to him that it didn't work like that, and that it's much nicer if you actually knew that person a little bit, and had some sort of closeness to begin with. It's more intimate lah!

Being a typical man, he didn't understand and thought we were being difficult.

At some point, somebody decided to go karaoke. I hate karaoke and haven't done it since I was 18 when I was unwillingly dragged kickingandscreaming. But okay, two lychee martinis had made me think it would be bearable.

If was, of course, just as bad as I remembered it being 7 years ago except it was magnified this time round because JP can actually sing and makes tonedeaf monsters like me feel about this small.

There was a horrid bottle of Chivas there and I protested and screamed and wanted to cry because I hate Chivas and wanted vodka. Somebody nice bought me a vodka but then I finished it and JP kept trying to convince me to drink Chivas by masking it in lots of Coke (it doesn't work).

He said, "You know, all the cool girls are drinking hard liquor now!" which is soooooo something a they would say for a documentary warning kids on the perils of peer pressure.

But Dollies are wary of strange boys at strange hours of the night so I said, "Yes, well I'm not like all the other girls, am I!"

Then he told me that I'm like Charlotte Church on the outside but Madonna on the inside. I couldn't figure out if he meant:
1) sweet little darling angelic singer, aged 12 vs crazy, slutty 1980s Erotica Madonna

OR

2) Charlotte, aged 18, getting thrashed all over the tabloids for being a major drunkhard vs zen yoga, motherly, wifely Madonna of Now.

Okay anyway. Longstoryshort, I ended up drinking the bloody Chivas (oh, I so caved into peer pressure, aged 25) and..... singing really bad songs in a really bad way.

Then JP gave me a very long talk about something Deep and Philosophical but by then, all I wanted to do was laugh at everything he said. Now I feel bad because he was really trying to tell me about something special and I so should have done the Respect Your Elders thing, especially since it was new year's and all that.

Finally rolled home at 2am only to find my father in the living room with his old buddy drinking and smoking really bad cigarettes.

He said, "So did you have fun at the karaoke?!"

I suddenly became very aware of my bright red face. I said, "Eerrrr I think I drank too much Chivas."

He said, "Chivas! That's what we've got here now! Would you like some more?!" which made me want to throw up over my mother's newly upholstered cushions.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom