Defeated Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being hard working
On the down: Obstacles to work

So I woke up today and panicked when I thought about everything I had to do. So I thought I'd buck up and try to get through that enormous list of Things To Do Before The Weekend.

First up, thank you cards. I thought I do the nice dutiful, polite 19th century manners thing and write out lots of thank yous to people who came to support our Chinese New Year dinner. Because I am old-fashioned and dislike ugly generic electronic fonts, I thought I would handwrite everything out. I know I'm creating more work for myself but it's niceeeeer.

But the list of people I'm supposed to write to is in my email account and I can't get into yahoo the whole bloody day.

Arg.

Then I thought I'd start work on an article that's due this week but realised that all the key info that I have on the personality that I'm writing about is also stuck in my email.

*defeated*

So then I thought I'd give it a break and go swimming. Outside my window there was HEAPS of sunshine. Yay!
Sunshine
Scorching heat
Swimming pool

I jumped into my swimmers as fast as my little legs could move and headed out to the pool.

I swear, the moment I got into the car, all these Big Fat Enormous Grey clouds appeared out of bloody nowhere.

Never mind. I was determined to swim and Burn Calories. Anyway, I thought, the clouds will act as a nice barrier and help prevent the early onset of skin cancer.

30 minutes into the swim it started raining. Okay, so you're probably thinking it doesn't matter since you're in the water already, but I just hate swimming when it rains. It feels gross. yuck. The whole point is to enjoy the sunny scorching skincancerous sunshine while being dipped in lots of big blue water. So very Jean-Marc Barr in Le Grand Bleu.

But never mind. I was DETERMINED to get through the hour even if it rained and felt gross.

Then the lifeguard came up to tell me there's lightning and that I should get out of the pool.

I swear I've been swimming there for 10 years and I've never ever seen a lifeguard at that pool.... and all of a sudden, on the day I want most to swim, he appears, clouds appear, and there's lightning.

So much for making an effort today.

Pffffft!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom