Dolly is stranded


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: The Internet
On the down: Not having access (gah!)

My modem has decided it's sick of working all the time so it's conked out and gone into a modem coma. Its lights keep blinking at me like one of those sad life-support machines and I can't get it to wake up and work.

Since as almost all my work depends on being connected (i.e. having people send irate messages/emails throughout the day reminding me about work), this no-Internet business is driving me nuts!! *freak* I have to resort to squatting in Sharon's house (which is what I'm doing now), or worse, crappy Starbucks until some very intelligent person from TMnet comes to fix it...

...which I don't think is going to happen because the guy I spoke to on the customer service line sounded really dumb.

He kept saying "Okayokayokay" to everything. It was like, "Okayokayokay, can I please know who I'm talking to."

So I told him.

"Okayokayokay, ah Miss, now... okay, I will submit the report okay, and then someone will ring you."

I asked him how long it will take.

"Okayokayokay, okay... um... okay, it will take 24 to 48 working hours. Okay?"

I was starting to think all the okays meant it really wasn't going to be.

Anyway, 48 working hours - that's more than a week if you consider how people here don't work more than 4 hours a day anyway). Gaaaaah!

Oh god, I sound totally addicted, don't I? *needs counselling*

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom