Dolly feels grateful


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Freelancing
On the down: The Corporate World

Mother dearest went to the hair salon today and bumped into a friend whose daughter, Joanna, went to the same primary school as me. Turns out Joanna's now working in one of those top consulting firms, very prestigious lah, you know - she now has the backing of big fat corporate name attached on her CV.

But she works until 3am every night and gets sent to fascinating places like Gombak.

Whe mother dearest told me all that I felt a ridiculous amount of gratitude that I'm not there, not doing that, not being a little pipsqueak accountant being worked like a sleigh-pulling Huskie in the Arctic.

I'd much rather do without the prestige, thank you very much.

They say gratitude is one of the key things for finding happiness. And when I think of all the little slaves in KPMG/Accenture/Ernst and Young etc (because everyone I know in those places are worked to the bone for not very much), I feel great gratitude and immense unrivalled happiness. HAH!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom