Dolly Dim Sum


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: All-you-can-eat Dim Sum at Eest
On the down: Over-eating

I persuaded the parents to go for Eest's all-you-can-eat dimsum today as a Sunday brunch thing. We made an afternoon of it and even invited family friends who were down from Penang.

The food took ages and everyone was getting antsy. In our hungry anticipation, we kept piling on orders of food even before anything had come. We got panicky and thought we should put in as many orders as we could before last orders... just in case the food didn't get to the table soon enough. We only had 1 1/2 hours!!!!!! *freak*

Okay, actually, when I say "we," I mean "me." I kept harrassing the poor waitress (who someone at the table had managed to find out was a trainee from Taylor's college - poor kid didn't know what she was in for when they stuck her in with waiting on us).

I gave her pained looks every time she came through the door like "Where's the food?!" and then ordered another few items. When the food came, we all ate like there was no tomorrow. These friends from Penang were telling us how people in Hong Kong order two things and take four hours to eat it.

I was all "WHAT?! Why????" Just couldn't be arsed with that pansying about of artistic eating and being social. Gobble gobble.

If I was that poor waitress and serving someone like me I'd be thinking "Geez woman, be patient. You can't be that hungry. No wonder you look like a har gau yourself."

Anyway, as things goes, we over ordered in our zeal and eventually reached a point where we had all over eaten and feel quite sick. Then we had to harrass the poor waitress again to stop bringing food.

Blearrggggh. Bloated.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom