India Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Travelling!
On the down: Packing

Am off to India tomorrow, wheeeeeee! And everybody who is fabulous is going too. Am worried crazy that the legs are going to start causing trouble again so have been reciting mantras out of my ears that they don't get worse: Om Let The Pain Subside Hung Phet (!) not that the divine are going to bother with a squiffy little request like that. "Suffer out your karma, you silly girl!"

Trying to pack has been difficult. We're going to visit Gaden, and 2000 monks so err... no mini skirts and revealing tops.... which sort of leaves me with not very much.

Everyone says to pack "decent" tshirts which is also hard because I don't actually own anything that doesn't show my belly button. The only ones that do fit are black (not good for 40degree Indian heat) or have I'm a Virgin scrawled on the front (I didn't buy that one, Ruby did). I had to dig real hard to find suitable clothes that won't scare off the monks or attract unnecessary attention from the local Indian people.

And then the underwear thing. I have this real thing about wearing underwear that doesn't match. Black bra, white knickers - yeech! But ok, have to pack light so can't be carrying round five perfectly matched sets. So it's back to blacks, whites, cottons and granny pants for comfort. I threw in a lime green bra anyway just for fun. Hope nobody knicks it.

People who'd been before scared us off with stories about Indian heat, Indian water, Indian mosquitos so packing also has to include a whole inventory stuff to ward off those problems too. And of course biscuits because we're bound to get hungry.

And after all that driving around KL with Tips from the FlyFM's Travel Files (you can hear that girl saying it now, can't you?), I've actually bothered to remember a few. This is the first trip out since I started listening to Fly a few weeks ago so am pretending I'm being a very clever traveller this time round (even though it's nothing new, really, and mostly common sense!)

So hurray, off to faraway lands. There'll be stories when I get home :P And fingers crossed no diarrhea.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom