Dolly's split personalities


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There's another side to the identity crisis - it has to do with specific names and personalities.

First I was Dolly in the other blog.

I got bored, and upon rediscovering an old Brian Froud book on Faeries, decided I wanted to be one too. Hence the MSN nick. It caught on quick and soon nobody was calling me by my real name anymore; it was all "Faery this" and "Faery that" and "Miss Faery." Geraldine even went out and bought me a big ass pair of wings for Christmas.



Then I realised there were about a million other faeries out there already both in the real world and in the blog world, and I felt a bit bad about copycatting their identities. Anyway Shirley said I should be a pixie instead because of the hair (and probably because I'm short!)

So I decided to became dolly again... which is probably a bit perverse because dolls scare the shit out of me. Rinpoche gave me one of those porcelain ones from Japan. He passed a message on to the person who gave it to me: "Tell her it's just like her. Cute, fat and adorable." I am absolutely convinced she's going to come alive one night and stab me in the heart while I'm sleeping.

Okay, so since I'd rather not be associated with one of those scary white china dolls that stab people in their sleep, I metamorphosed into DollyGirl as inspired by Anna Sui and that fantastic perfume with the funny pink face:

And then of course, there are a dozen other names that A calls me (but those are sacred and secret).

I feel terribly confused and schizophrenic.

And I have no idea why I'm writing all this. I think I drank too many martinis tonight.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom