An afterthought


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ooops, I only realised afterwards that um... like, all my friends have long hair. D'uh. So now they're all throwing their hair brushes at me.

Ok, a clarification: there is a distinction between people with long hair and those-Chinese-girls with long hair and what I am talking about is more the sort of boring attitude that plagues uniformity.

The former have long hair but are original enough to still look different - they balance the hair with attitude or outrageous fashion or a huge sense of humour so that you start laughing or gawk even if you see them from afar.

The latter are a specific (though significantly larger) portion of Chinese girls who really do all look the same. They haven't caught on to the idea that rebonding thin hair with no volume does not look good so they keep on straightening and straightening and straightening. They all wear black all the time and all carry the same handbags (whatever's in at the time) and all straighten their hair (did I say that already?) Hence, boring!

You know the kind I'm talking about. It's just like how all the Hong Kong female celebs look the same and have the same hair. And since those-Chinese-Girls look up to these-Honky-stars, they all end up looking the same.

But of course none of my darling friends are like that because even if they do have long hair, they understand the meaning of originality which obviously, most of those-Chinese-Girls don't. Then again, perhaps I'm just biased cos my friends are all just so lovely :)

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom