Dolly fell asleep at the theatre


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: A day at the theatre
On the down: Falling asleep in it

I thought I'd get out of my uncultured rut and go to see M! The Opera when GL suggested a whole bunch of us make a day out of it. So I put on my Sunday best and trotted over to Istana Budaya to see this phantasmagoria of musical theatre with the whole gaggle of Fuzet, Scotti, Shirley, Sharon, GL, PG, William et al (can't remember their names lah).

Within three scenes, I had fallen asleep. Every time I started awake and looked up, there would be someone walking really slowly across the stage and music that sounded like it was trying too hard to be artistic.... which only prompted me to go back to sleep. I'm so uncultured, I know. It was all just trying soooo hard and doing too much in 3 hours, and that Paula Malai Ali is just as irritating on stage as she is on TV. The only thing that made me stay on was the promise of food and drink with the others afterwards.

Which paid off because we ended up in Bakerzin where I sat next to Shirley and got force-fed half of everything she was eating, on top my own huge plate of saturated-fat-flavoured pasta. It's very dangerous to go out with this lot - they make you eat and eat and eat and it feels so damn good at the time but so totally disgusting after.

Sunday, well spent :)

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom