Dolly practices infinite patience


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Patience
On the down: People who get on your fucking nerves

So much for watching a DVD on the Dalai Lama speaking about Compassion yesterday. Less than 24 hours later, here I am, working diligently away on a transcript about not pissing people off, when V, who I haven't spoken to in almost 2 months, rang.

"Hey! Guess what! I just saw your boyfriend here in Starhill..." she said. I wondered why it was so very important to ring me up just to tell me that. Then:

"Hey, so he's driving Mercedes ar?"

"No, he got a BMW. It's damn nicer than my car man. So bloody jealous!" I said jokingly (still wondering what the point was of her call).

"Oh, okay. But eeeeeeyeeeeerrrrrrrrr. I don't get it lar, we are young people and BMWs are such an old man car," she snooted down the phone. (Funny, considering it's usually a car associated with yuppies?). Then proceeded to go on and on why it was so NOT cool, justifying its inappropriateness as if we'd been forcing her to drive it.

The transcript about not pissing off people who you piss you off made eyes at me out the corner of my eye. "Um... okay lah," I said practising enough patience to grant me Enlightenment. "But it drives nice though, very comfy."

"Yah but stiiiillllll, you know... He should get, I dunno, a Peugeot or something like that lah." (Peugeot versus BMW? I dunno... what would you get if you could afford it?)

Within 2 minutes, the conversation had gotten so bizarre and ridiculous that it was no longer irritating so much as funny. I was starting to feel embarrassed for her for making herself look so petty and daft.

But then, to backtrack a little to save face, she added, "But but I don't mean anything bad lah. Don't think I mean anything bad, okay?"

Errrr, then why ring up out of the blue and spend 90% of the conversation lambasting my boyfriend's car? (It's not even my car, mind). Did she think that would "mean something good?"
God, some people are just sooooooo common about the way they behave!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom