Dolly's idols


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Glamorous friends
On the down: Not seeing them often enough

Met up with two of the most fabulous people today, which made an ordinary Sunday a little bit more special: Mike @ Snips @ Starhill. The best stylist and the only one who has ever been able to cut my hair the way I want it and better. He's the only stylist I've ever met who is actually interested in experimenting with hair and not just errr, cut it under 30 minutes.

Now I have hair to rival Natalie Portman's - I AM SO VOGUE FRONT COVER! It's so short I don't think I actually know anyone else with hair this short (except Mike, but he's bald so that doesn't count) so I'm setting a new style trend, Darling. It's very fantastic in the way of being able to look like a lunatic escapee if I put on the right makeup and wore all white. We like alternative chic.

After the hair cut, Mike and I went down to Tiffin Bay for lattes where I learnt that flavoured lattes all taste the same - too damn sweet, even for me. And then who should we see stomping in in a kitschy pink shirt? Ming, with a girl in tow, of course.

Ming is the most fantastic person I know. I am starting to think I'd quite like to be her, even for a day. Just swap bodies and be Ming Chan for 24 hours. See, Ming's in the heart of everything fashion - she knows what women should be dressed in and what men should look like right now, and she has access to stuff like Vivienne Westwood (!!!)- so all the girls worship her. And then, Ming is constantly surrounded by beautiful people and leggy models, and she can have any girl she wants (literally!), so all the boys worship her too.

Then again, given all she has and is, Ming stays disgusting low profile. She's subtle cool and underground famous, not like those tacky Tatler celebs (yuck). Like, if she turned up at your party, you know you've hit some sort of cool factor that nobody knows about because it's all so secret and exclusive. She hasn't made it to my parties yet, but my claim to fame is hanging out with her Nepal and eating breakfast in 2degree chill - good enough for now, for a commoner like me.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom