Dolly and Dharma


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Enlightenment
On the down: The time it takes to get there

Here's the thing: I'm known to be horrible most of the time. I think my mother has called me a monster before - bad moods, temper tantrums, being such a bitch to everyone at home that they literally get in their cars and drive away.

But here's the other thing, my little deep hidden secret: I want to be nice! I want to be Enlightened! and get the hell outta all the bad moods and reincarnating over and over and over. And heck, all those Buddhas look fabulous, you know. Big fat crowns and flowers and you get this amazing body.

Actually most people think it's very strange. When I volunteer to work some Sundays at our Dharma centre's shop in town, Kechara Mystical Treasures, the customers always look at me funny. They come up very close and look down their nose: "Are you Buddhist?" I say, "Well, I'm trying to be!" and laugh (cos really, I think if I said I really 100% was, they might never come back into the shop....) but they don't get it and it only increases their skepticism.

Ah pish. Well. At least I'm trying!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom