Dolly madness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




On the up: Funny kid toys
On the down: Damaging them

About a week ago, I bought one of those slimy green blobby toys which you throw on walls and watch how it sticks. Bought endless hours of entertainment for me and A - it just doesn't stop being funny. It even had a face so we gave it a personality and named it (him) Gerard.

Then a few days later, A threw Gerard up on the ceiling. He stayed up there for ages because we thought he'd just drop off on his own but it started to get silly and I wanted to get him down tonight.

So we set out on a little task to pry him off. Of course, typically, A threw Gerard up in one of the rooms with the highest ceilings so you couldn't just stand on a chair and dig him out with your fingernails.

"I think you're gonna need to get a broomstick or something," I said, so he went downstairs to find one.

He came back with a super long brush thing (after pestering the maid, who seemed to think it was all very strange) and we proceeded to try to dig out Gerard. The bastard was stuck with a vengeance and digging him out was impossible. Here's how it started:


Then we tried to prod him out with the broomstick:

It got worse.

"I think he likes it up there," said A.

"I think he's pissed off at you for throwing him up there," I said.

So A tried even harder to get him out:


But it just wouldn't work and poor Gerard was disintegrating all over my ceiling. We finally gave up whe one of his legs broke off:

Poor Gerard.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom