Dolly gets questioned about age


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Eternal youthfulness
On the down: Being reminded that you're um... older

Chocolate Shirley (who we are now calling Silly because it seems to suit better) came round to my place on Saturday and brought her little 6-year-old daughter Izabella with her. Silly had told Bella that I had just bought a My Little Pony so I brought it down to show her. I also showed her the huge pair of wings that I had worn out for Christmas last year.

Bella looked at it. Then she looked at me. She looked weirded out.

"How old are you? Why do you still play with all this stuff?"

Errrrr. Ok, a 6-year-old was asking a 25-year-old why she still behaves like a 6-year-old.

"Actually I look old but I'm not really, I'm still very young," I said.

"Yes, but how old are you?"

"I'm 10."

"No you're lying. I can see you laughing. How old are you really? Don't lie!" (Kids can be so persistent man!)

"Ok, I'm 25."

"25?! But my mummy was 25 and when she was 25 she didn't play with all this stuff. Why do you still play with this stuff?"

Funny yah, all my friends who are 25 and up think it's perfectly normal that I just got a glittery My Little Pony and a 6 year old thinks it's all highly suspicious.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom