Dolly goes to Imbi


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: The cute boys at Imbi plaza
On the down: My shit Cantonese

I think I must be the only person in the world who actually thinks the boys at Imbi plaza are kind of cute.

It's cos I like 'em small and my height (which isn't very tall), with smooth faces and these ah-beng Chinese-ed boys in Imbi all have damn nice complexion.

So I went in there today to get myself a wireless modem thing and I know about as much technology as a kindergarten kid knows algebra. AND I'm kiasu as hell so I go round and round and round trying to find the best deal.

And I make all the boys explain everything to me like a hundred times like I'm a real idiot (which I am), all the while trying to talk to them in my shit Cantonese. I wonder if maybe they just help me because I provide the day's amusement.

I finally cornered this one guy and he was explaining all this stuff to me and reassuring me a thousand times that it's USER FRIENDLY if not I freak out even before I start. I was jabbering in my rubbish Cantonese of course, so eventually he asked if I had just come back from studying abroad.

Of course not. I've been back 3 years but I just said yah yah I've been away and that's why my Cantonese is so bad, sorry lah. But he was all oh, don't worry it's okay what.

See, Imbi plaza boys are so nice. Oklah so they have to be nice to you becaue they're trying to do business but I think to put up with my Chinese and my distinct lack of technological knowledge is a BIG FAT plus. So I didn't even bother bargaining (imagine! Kiasu Klang-Hokkien me didn't bargain?!)

AND and and I found The Simple Life 3 at Imbi and bought it from some frightening little guy with a giant hole stretched in his ear. YAYYYYYYY! I love Imbi. Love love love.

(I just got off the phone with Shantini and when I told her I love all the boys in Imbi she says, "Yah! It's because they're all short and ugly, right?!" So matter of fact. Gee, what faith in my taste in men!)

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom