Tired Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Energy
On the down: Exhaustion

There is something in me that is feeling very tired today. I even made it late to an interview because I couldn't drag myself out of bed. It's a good thing I did in the end though, because I got to watch a fascinating video about a lady dancing on butter.

Went into the city, and back, which is always a very tiring ordeal.

Then as if that wasn't enough, I decided that my samsara would be much happier if I had a white handbag so I traipsed all over Bangsar in my new high heeled pumps looking for one.

And I tell you what - there ain't no workout like walking in high heeled pumps. I'm shattered and I didn't even find the white handbag.

I think everyone is feeling exhausted. There's so much to do and only so many hours in a day.

Today, darling beautiful lovely Joe told me and JP that these days, he feels like he's degenerating, that he feels old.

JP said to him, "That's what you get when you enter your thirties."

So just for a little while, I felt smug about being only a youthful 26. I said to JP with a smirk, "Well yes, you *are* speaking from experience after all!"

The conversation continued later again about how people felt like they were getting old and tired. I told JP, "You better be careful, if not soon you're going to look like a raisin."

He huffed, "Well.... well! If I'm a raisin, you're a prune! At least I'm small and green and cute!"

Really, we will grasp on to whatever it takes to make ourselves feel more beautiful. And yes, raisins are prettier than prunes, after all.

A while back, Ruby said to me, all sympathy, "You have eye bags now."

I told her I knew already; one day, when I stepped out of the shower and glanced at the steamed-up mirror, I completely scared myself when I saw two really dark, scary, ugly eyes emerging from behind the steam. They were just my own eyes of course, but man, they scared me.

And well, a girl sure feels her age catching up to her when he own eyebags scare her in the middle of the night!!! Time for an early night tonight then, ta ta

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom