Dolly is scared of Ah Longs


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Friendly bank loans
On the down: Scary ah lonsg with parangs

Vera dragged me out of my little hole and got me out to watch a movie with her and ed last night. Just for laughs, and because there's nothing like good old local humour, we went to see Ah Long Pte Ltd, by Jack Neo.

Ooooh it was so gooood - I'm such a sucker for bad corny S'porean/M'sian humour and teary corny social messages about the good and bad of the world.

I was also totally horrified by the reality of Ah Longs and what they really do to people.

Aiyo, if I tell someone off and show a black face I feel guilty about it rest of the day and the whole night and the whole of next day. I just cannot cannot cannot understand how people can just go beat up some dude in front of his family with a big fat giant parang and feel quite okay about it.

Vera and I hid behind our popcorn to shielf away all the fake blood spurting about all over the movie. Cringe cringe.

Right at the end, when we were feeling all Hallmark-touched and happy, and shaken to the core by those good wholesome Jack Neo life values, Vera bellowed, "Aiyaaaaa! Stupid right these people. Who ask them to borrow from ah long?! Nobody force them to borrow from them right!"

I said, as sympathetically as I could, "It's usually cos they are driven to such a desperate state lah."

She said, "Yahhh but hello! If you're so desperate, at least you should have the brain to do it properly isn't it! Go to the bank and do properly lah! They already know ah longs are like that, what!"

Gotta give it to Vera - she points out what's real obvious, even after TWO HOURS of a movie about ah longs.

Okay, anyway, so now, I'm soooooo not going to run out of money and take a loan. No no no no no no no.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom