PROfessional Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: New clothes!
On the down: Yucky, boring, ugly, cheap shirts

I went shoppppping today for nice new clothes to look good and professional in.

But good and professional has to be more than those just cheap, ugly shirst that you always see ugly Chinese girls walking around in during lunchtime. You know what I mean right - the girls with the baggy knee-length straight black skirts, shapeless striped shirts, cheapo black handbags and ugly strappy Vincci shoes.

YUCK.

You look at them and instantly think they must be in something highly unimaginative and boring like audit clerks or admin staff.

It's not even about being a spoilt rich bitch for me to say this - you don't have to spend loads of cash to look good. You just need imagination and creativity...

...but then again, they wouldn't be admin slaves or audit clerks in the first place if they possessed those qualities.

Anyway, back to my own shopping spree: I find it exceedingly hard to find work clothes because
a) everything I want to wear is inappropriate for work
b) everything work-related here in KL is fit only for unimaginative admin girls.

Things like Padini and G2000 make me want to hurl for their complete lack of style. It's quite amazing that they have managed to produce EXACTLY THE SAME clothes every season, every year. What you see in there now, is exactly what you would have seen in there in the early nineties!

This will not do for a Dolly, of course. I veer back towards the fun and kitsch and glitz and tack of TopShop and Forever 12.

And there I found a nice happy balance of colour! and fun styles! and kitsch! AND outfits fit for the office and for meeting Important People.

So.

I got a shiny brown shirt dress (not to be worn on its own because my legs are now tree trunks)
and a white wraparound shirt (that gives good cleavage!)
and a bright Green-Tara green top that reveals just enough of a midriff to stay in the funky range
and a super slinky black dress that makes me look thin (and that's very important.

And now work will be that much more fun now that I have beautiful clothes to wear while I'm there.

I'm so shallow, I know! But who cares as long as I get my work done!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom