Normal Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Normal legs
On the down: Uncomfortable legs

I spent FIVE HOURS in the hospital today to get my legs sorted out ONCE AND FOR ALL. Two years of pain and uncomfortability (that's not a word, but I don't care) is enough for a Dolly Girl!

I swear, I must have picked the most popular orthopaedic in the whole country though. Anybody with any sort of injury was there, all squatting outside his office like refugees seeking relief from joint pain.

I asked for an MRI, just to find out what the hell is going on and why my knees still make me feel like one of those Wayang Kulit puppets, all wobbly and loose and disconnected. Also, Steven who I want to fall in love with, said he won't see me again until I get an MRI done.

The waiting for everything was never ending -
waiting for Dr Gan
waiting to do the MRI
waiting for the results
waiting to see Dr Gan again
but I am a tough girl and I was determined to grit my teeth, tough it out and GET THOSE RESULTS. The MRI itself took 40 minutes - it felt so Grey's Anatomy/House glam to be stuck under that huge white magnet. The excitement wore off quick though because when I have to just lie there and do nothing, it will eventually turn into a nap. Which it did; I even started dreaming nice things.

Then there was another one hour wait for the results.

So I went to visit the gynaecologist for a vaccination thing (please don't ask what for, it's not necessary!). Gyanaecologists really freak me out because there's all these pregnant women and children and concerned, worried fathers, and it reminds me of exactly where I don't want to be in life: married, pregnant or mother of a screaming toddler. Pregnant women really scare me, so I stuck myself in a corner and pretended to be very interested in the outdated Time magazine they had there.

When I finally went in, the Doc said, "Eh! You put on weight huh!"

When I just looked at her, she said, "Oh, didn't you? Huh? Did you put on weight?!"

Then, when I left, as I walked out and the door was swinging close, she shouted, "Eh! Don't put on too much okay!!!!!!!!"

When I got the results back, all black and filmy and revealing of the secrets of my knee, I triptrapped back to Dr Gan's and

had to wait another hour.

I did all my malas, did Callenetic exercises, cleared my phone inbox down to 548 messages and wondered what it would be like that tired looking woman with two noisy boys and a baby.

Then, drumroll, I finally got to see Dr Gan.

And all is normal!

My legs are normal, the joints are normal, the cartilage is normal and heck, he even told me I have "Good quality muscles!" I felt like a Kobe cow!

I asked him if the pain I kept feeling was maybe that overworked syndrome thing that Steven told me about. He said it could be Repetitive Strain Injury, where people overstrain their muscles from too much working out - something common among many people, and which takes AGES to heal.

Like gee! After 23 years of being a fat, blobby slob, I finally decided to take control of the fat cells and burn them off with lots of good high intensity step and and and

fail!

Want to be health and slim and beautiful and gorgeous also cannot! Finally be conscientious about diet and exercise, also cannot!

Karma means for me to be Pleasantly Plump the rest of my life (that's how someone described me before, which is whole lot nicer than saying Fat)

I must come to the deep and meaningful realisation that: in this life time, I will not look like Chin Li.

Anyway, I am a happy chappy about my legs and the doc even said I could do whatever exercise I want (within reason, like not BodyStep 6 times a day at the highest level, hmph). In fact, he even encouraged me to go try out lots of things to see what would help, since everything is in order.

I am officially not a cripple!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom